1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubting if I'm trans?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by hii, Apr 3, 2014.

1. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, a few days ago I decided that I'm pretty sure I'm trans but now I'm doubting myself. I'm going to get a short haircut tomorrow and when I showed my dad the picture of what I want he just looked between me and the picture for a solid 10 seconds. Probably trying to visualize if I'd look like a guy with that hairstyle. (My parents don't know I think I'm trans). I know it's just a haircut but I've gotten really nervous now. I've always had long hair and everyone's going to stare. I was very excited about it just yesterday but now... ugh, I don't know.

2. Niko

I was nervous too when I chopped my hair off for the first time. I didn't know if I was going to look more female, I didn't know if I could even pull it off, I didn't think I was rushing into it. But deep down I knew I've been wanting it short ever since I was little.

But just remember it's not a life changing thing. It will grow back if you feel like it isn't you. You might think everyone is going to stare, but they might really like it. Don't think that people are going to think of you any differently just because your hair is short. No one has to know how you feel on the inside. Asides people change their appearance all the time. :slight_smile:

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah. I honestly felt the same way when I was first starting to present male. Like, binding. Wearing guy's clothes. Styling my hair.

But you gotta just go in there and take that step. Hair's hair. It's probably the least drastic thing you can do when you're beginning to socially transition. It'll grow back. If you hate it, you can style it or wear a hat.

Chances are good, that if this is the right path for you, that it'll be worth it. Just see how you feel when you do it.

4. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're not far behind me there. I was very excited and nervous when I got my haircut. I was thrilled once I did.
    Don't belittle your experience. If it means a lot to you that is what matters. It's not 'just a haircut' if it means more than that to you, which it sounds like it does.

5. Nick07

If you don't feel comfortable, don't do it. Maybe you need to take it slowly. It could make you feel forced and fake otherwise. Perhaps try to cut it just a little bit?
    Guys can have long hair too, you know :slight_smile: