1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward (and sometimes funny) trans moments!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by alex3191, Apr 3, 2014.

1. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Today my moms boyfriend was off work because he was sick and so a friend of his called up to see him. so he came in says hi to everyone then points to me and asks "who's this lad? I'm trying to debate weather to give my birth name, male version of my birth name (which I don't really like) or Alex but my moms boyfriend beats me to it and introduces me as (birth name) and then adds on that I'm the eldest daughter :bang:. the guy just studies me for a few seconds so I smile at him and he says "oh, now I can see that you're a girl", outside the room I can hear my brother laughing his ass off and this guy is just standing there like he's trying to figure out what the joke is (cue awkward silence) I'm feeling uncomfortable so make an excuse and head to the kitchen where my brother and mom are laughing about it. Everything in my family is fair game for humor so I have learned to see the funny side but this happens alot, its especially awkward with it happens in public. The most awkward was when I brought my sister ( five ) to a shop and while standing in a queue she sees a girl with short hair and says (loudly) why does she have short hair like yours? Does she want to be a boy like you?. Got some odd looks from people and because I didn't answer her she says it again, louder! Anyone have moments like this where you just wish you could disappear? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yup. Oh man.

It was my first week of school. As luck would have it, it was also that week. So I'm going to my locker and already, I've had a hell of a time passing. I open my locker, open my backpack and a bunch of tampons come spilling out over the floor. I gather them up as fast as I can and I'm stuffing them in my locker but people are seeing them and it's like 'um...hey folks. nothing to see here. nothing of interest.'

3. Skyline

Sounds like you better make up your mind which name you'll use around new people, and then say it quick before someone else does!

I can't really think of anything that really embarrassed me, but I've had one or two kids ask their mom's if I was a boy or a girl. I guess they get confused because I have long hair but I don't do anything to it except tie it back in a ponytail.

4. Tetra

Hahahaha I have sooooo many stories. Once, at dinner with my friends, the waiter kept referring to me as "bud" and "lad", and my friends were kind of like "what?...". At my old job, when I first came in, all the other employees were like "Who's the new guy?" And I had to explain I was a girl... Also, the cashier when I was shopping with my mom who called me "young man" and my mom basically said "um, no". The list is endless. SO many situations.

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

oh here's a better one. So I'm in my writing class and we're being split up into groups to do peer editing. Professor's writing names on the board to divid people into groups. So I'm getting together with my people but one woman in my group's just kind of standing there, looking around. She asks me "Hey, do you know where Byron is? I'm looking for this guy..."

I tell her "No, my name's Byron."

She glances me over. "Oh.... I'm really sorry. I didn't know it was a gender neutral name."

6. laurenc

laurenc Guest

the most akward time in my life was when I was in middle school and almost walked into the girls bathroom and my cousin was in the same hall way (i am still in the closet so I have yet to go out as the real me)

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have too many stories...

The latest one was that my mom had just left for the hospital for a surgery. So, my grandma stops by to try to catch my parents before they leave. Well, instead she catches me. Now, she is not the most accepting person when it comes to me being trans*. So, I walk into the living room and she was there. (The door to the house was open.) I was presenting male. She looks at me and says "You look like a man". I said that I just pulled a roast out of the oven and asked her if she wanted any. She then said that she was going to the hospital.

She had never seen me present male before that..lol. She was pretty shocked at how well I passed..

(My mom is back home from her surgery now.)

8. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. I would've played it off as if were a prank. Buying pads can be weird (and dysphoria inducing if I don't emotionally disconnect), most people don't say anything, but I've deflected a few dumb comments. For all they know I could be buying them for a family member. Then I discovered I could get most of the weekly shopping delivered even all the way out here.

One of the most ridicious things I've heard in my life. "You'll get pregant if you sit next to a boy!" Really? Half a meter away from each other, in diffierent seats, with all our clothes on, at the age of 5? I still believed that babies were made in hospitals, so it meant nothing to me. Oh, and at that same place, I didn't play house often, but when I did I got into trouble for 'ruining' it. The other kids were happy so I don't know what the hell was wrong with that woman. Actually, in hindsight, I think I know what was wrong with her, but it's not worth my time.

I think this might be the most awkward one of my life. I've never wore bras in my life. I took my shirt off sometimes when I was a kid. I tried to stop doing it after sex education. Yet a few times I simply forgot. In high school I took my shirt off once in the female changing room when getting my gym kit on. It was mega awkward, what with the "Ewww, what a weirdo!" "Do you know that's disgusting?" And so on. I already felt like a pervert for being in there.

Also as a teenager I went to a JJB sports store uptown. It's the only type of clothes I bought when I was younger. I picked up a cool tracksuit. Then I walked to the female changing room and a worker stopped me. He said something like "Don't be silly, son!" He lead me to the male changing room. "This is where you go!" It made my day. I didn't exactly realise why I was happy at the time. I was too busy looking at the ground and couldn't see how beautiful life can be.

9. Haha! Mom's boyfriends, right? My mom's boyfriend was the same way. He's a real sweet guy but a little slow to plate on somethings. Like things come out of his mouth before he realizes he's said it. My mom, her boyfriend, and I used to go out all the time together. he fully accepted me as a man and included me in a lot of activities with his buds. Well, every time he would introduce me he would go "This is [mom's name]'s daughter" Then his eyes would get all big, he would smack his mouth, and loudly say "OOPS! I mean son!"

Smh. I mean this would happen every. single. time. LOL

10. Calix

Only just came out at work, so far it's just seeing one of my co-workers get so embarrassed when she uses my birth name by accident >.<

11. Axxel

Axxel Guest

Well, I'm bi-gendered, which also leads to buckets full of gender confusion.

With a good friend:
    "So, you're bisexual?"
    "No, I'm bi-gendered."
    "Soooo... you have a vagina AND a penis?"
    "No. I just feel like both a man and a woman. Up here. In the head region."
    "You mean you're FEELING both men and women. Down there. In the pants region."