1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for creative ways to make money for transition

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Daydreamer1, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone have advice on ways to make cash for transitioning? I'm trying to think of creative ways I can start pulling cash in and saving up until I can find a job (due to personal problems going on at home, finding one right now is almost impossible), but I'm coming up short on ideas.

Currently, the only real thing that has been helping me pull in cash is working through Zazzle, but checks come in only a few times a year (once at best; $100 minimum per check) so that won't get me far. I've tried selling old belongings and clothing, but I haven't reeled in any buyers.

Anyone got any advice? Thanks.

2. Niko

Are you good at crafting things? Or are an artist of some sort? If you so maybe you can open a shop on Etsy and sell some of your stuff. Other than that and selling things that you don't need any more online, I'm not really sure. :\

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I might get into making kandi masks and cuffs more, but I doubt I'll be anywhere near getting to starting my own shop just yet. My fiance crafts a lot and would be game for helping me get off the ground.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Without a steady job that's always the problem. Like Niko said, if you're an artisan or craftsman then it's easier to make money.

You could always buy things cheap at swap meets and flip them on ebay.