1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans people with little/no dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ElvenDragon, Apr 5, 2014.

1. ElvenDragon

Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it just me, or are there other trans people who don't experience very much dysphoria?

I've never really been too concerned about my body parts ( save for my top), and I very rarely have any dysphoric feelings, but I still would really like to transition.

Does having vurtualy no dysphoria make me less trans or not trans at all?

2. LibraryKitten

Out Status:
    Some people
    My partner does not seem to experience much dysphoria, though they would ultimately like to transition. They say that some days they feel more dysphoric than on other days though, so I would imagine that if the intensity of dysphoria can vary for one person from day to day, it could also vary for different trans people. You know you best, and if you think you're trans you probably are. =)

3. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it makes you less trans. I don't really get dysphoria- I just want to transition to be able to successfully pull off a guy and sometimes I get upset because I'm not as masculine as I'd like to look, but I don't feel dysphoric when I look in the mirror.

4. laurenc

laurenc Guest

how much dysphoria someone has does not effect how trans they are .if some see's themself as male then they are male and if someone see's themself as female then they are female. I very rarely feel dysphoric but that does not make me cis,my need to be me is still very high and I still am female on the inside.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm bigender. I don't have dysphoria yet I am female sometimes and male others and don't hate either... Although id prefer to be female. But no, dysphoria is NOT required to be trans.