1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feminine hairstyles for a goth?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by metalgrrl, Apr 5, 2014.

1. metalgrrl

Heyy all :slight_smile:

I just have a question about hair stuff :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So I've finally got my hair grown out to a good length, long enough that I'm thinking about going in for a haircut soon, but I was wondering about potential haircuts/styles... I'm goth, so I'd want something that kinda reflects that in a way, and I also want a haircut that looks feminine, but not so feminine that it's really obvious that I got a girls haircut (not that I don't want a girls haircut, it's just that my parents will get really angry if I do and everybody at my school will make fun of me even more because of it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)...

So to summarize, I'm looking for a haircut that:
    -Utilizes long hair
    -Works with a gothic style
    -Looks feminine
    -Isn't so feminine that it's obvious that it's a girls haircut (You can push this pretty far, just nothing ultra girly or I'll run into some issues :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

I know that's kinda specific, but any help that people could give would be much appreciated... Thanks :slight_smile:

2. You could do a sidecut, both sides shaved, or if you're feeling brave, a deathhawk.

#2 HermioneGaynger, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How old are you? I'm using this as a proxy for facial features before advising. My friend and her fiance are goths so, I may have some ideas...

4. Axxel

Axxel Guest

Dreadlocks? Gender neutral, gothic and works great with long hair.

5. metalgrrl

Thanks for the responses :slight_smile:

@Hermione: I checked out the deathhawk, and while it does look totally awesome and badassed, I don't think it's what I'm looking for :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thanks for the idea though :slight_smile:

@Gates: I'm 15, almost 16, if you wanna see some pics you can add me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'd be interested to hear your ideas :slight_smile:

@Axxel: I actually kinda like that one... May end up going with it :slight_smile:

Thanks again :slight_smile:

6. InfectedGenes

Out Status:
    Family only
    what about Elsa's hairstyle off of Frozen I always thought that. that was quite a gothic hairstyle (went you ignore the blue dress and stuff and just focus on the hair)

7. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You could just leave it down and straighten it if its not already. when i was your age i was goth (still kinda am) and i had long red hair with a kind of choppy cut with black streaks going through it, its not obviously girly and alot of my friends male and female had it.

8. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The ones listed as "Kohl Eyes," "Emo Guy," and "Hunk" are all nice and feminine (but the pics give "proof" that they aren't *technically* women's cuts). Hunk is actually the lead singer for a Korean band DBSK. 35 Magnificent Emo Hairstyles For Guys - SloDive

This one is nice and leaves more length in front. Add highlights to make it less of a "girl cut." Edgy Purple Hair Highlights

#10 or #13 but if 13, ask for it to be angled to be longer in front and undercut the whole thing. Men's Long Hairstyles - Long Hairstyles for Men

Adorable: https://www.google.com/search?q=lon...Q&biw=360&bih=592#biv=i|171;d|6MKg37uP3zstqM:

Again, ask to softly angle the front: https://www.google.com/search?q=lon...AQ&biw=360&bih=592#biv=i|56;d|Cmsj0bLLIIu6-M:

---------- Post added 9th Apr 2014 at 05:56 AM ----------

And pleeeeeaaaaase no dreadlocks. I will cry. :'( Hahaha!!!

9. metalgrrl

Thanks for the help, guys :slight_smile: I think I've got a bit more of an idea of what I'm going for now :slight_smile:

10. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    - dreadlocks/synthetic dreads
    - devil lock
    - visual kei hair
    - small braids