1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Genderqueer?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Orange Bananas, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Orange Bananas

Hi, I'm 15 and I've identified as bisexual since 5th grade. Currently I'm a sophomore in high school (10th grade) and I think I might be genderqueer rather than female. Sometimes I sort of wish I could switch from female anatomy to male for a day, but I'm usually happy as just female. I've never really crossdressed, but I want to and the idea of wearing a tux to a formal occasion rather than a dress is especially appealling because I usually wear shorts or sweatpants, a t-shirt, and sneakers. I don't necessarily feel like a boy one day and a girl the next though, so I don't know what to think. Advice?
    :help:

2. blimmr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe you just like the qualities of a man. I sometimes wish I was a female sometimes but then I go back to loving being a male.

You don't have to label yourself off of every thought and idea you perceive.

3. Orange Bananas

I know I don't have to label myself, but I'm very organized by nature and the reason I asked is because I feel better about who I am when I have a word for it. I don't think I'm just female, but I don't know if I'm genderqueer or what. It's just confusing to me, and my recent break-up and the start of my period probably aren't helping.

4. Orange Bananas

Actually, I did a little more research and a lot of thinking, then answered someone else's quite similar question, and I think I can confirm what I suspected; I am genderqueer, more specifically genderfluid. I don't know when I'll come out (my parents are mildly transphobic) and how I'll deal, but I have answers, so..... hooray? :confused: