1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just...expressively feminine, or....

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jadewolfkit, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Jadewolfkit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so, to start off...I'm a guy. I've no issue with my guy bits, nor do I have any real desire to lose them. However, I do enjoy 'dressing' up, so to speak, and have felt on numerous occasions that, maybe, I'd be happier as a girl.

Thus the question....

Is this normal for men that are feminine? Because, as of right now, I don't think it means I want to be a woman, even if I do pride myself on my more feminine features.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends what you class as 'normal'...personally, I don't like using it because it's implication is if it isn't 'normal' then it must be 'wrong'.

Think of it this way. You're happy as a guy, but you enjoy dressing as a girl. That's what you've just told us. Is there anything wrong with that?

I would say most feminine guys wouldn't want to actually dress as woman, but does that matter? It doesn't make the fact that you DO want to do that a bad thing. Why SHOULDN'T you dress up if you want to?

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally 'normal'. ^_^ Plenty of folks feel that way and enjoy it.
    Welcome to EC, btw. :wink:

4. Jadewolfkit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, guys. Just unsure whether I just wanna be feminine or, y'know, want to change genders...

Also, thank you for the welcome, TJ.

5. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Are there are any other reasons why you feel you may want to change genders?

6. breathmints

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You said you don't really have a desire to change your sex, correct? Have you considered non-binary genders?

Maybe you would fit better as being genderqueer. You can be genderqueer and still present however you want. Gender can be a bit of an enigma. Don't just think you must squeeze into the binary. Perhaps look into it a little and see if it describes you.

I myself am an agendered individual. I don't experience gender or describe myself of having any gender, but I still enjoy presenting in what can be described 'in a feminine way'. I've felt dysphoria with my breasts, and somewhat with genitals. That, however, it's more of a, "I wish there was a way to not have a penis or vagina." But, we kinda need openings down there, huh? I don't really enjoy my genitals, but rather this than a penis. It kind of stinks that I have to deal with it, but there's not really much that can be done.

I hope this helped open up your horizons a bit more. Keep exploring, alright? Don't try to rush finding out who you are.

7. Jadewolfkit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't really got any desire to change my gender, aside from the reasons lifted. Really, I'm not attached to my genitals..if that makes any sense. It's just there.

Overall, I seem to prefer looking feminine...But, yea....

8. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You have 2 options

Become a cross-dresser, revive the whole drag queen thing and reshape the face of the criminal underworld by becoming a prostitute for every major crime lord and learn their secrets

or

Look around until you find something that fits you. It is the most amazing thing when you read something and it is exactly like you.

9. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's very normal. Liking feminine things or dressing up as a woman are things and guy can like to do. If you are happy with your body and your social role of male, you've got nothing to worry about.

10. Jadewolfkit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

This. This made me laugh. Thanks.

11. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The question is do you think if yourself as a guy or a girl with a male body? Or maybe both? Neither?

Normalcy isn't really an important thing in life but happiness is so, just be who you are and believe me, you'll find your place. :thumbsup: