1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boy Mode with a Curvy Body

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Orange Bananas, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Orange Bananas

I was looking into some genderfluid stuff and I realized that I'm actually quite curvy, and guys typically aren't. If I'm ever going to come out and get to appear a boy some days, how would I be a convincing guy? Is there some way to pad my shirt or something so I don't look as curvy?

2. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Binder? Otherwise, compression shirt over a sports bra and compression trunks.

3. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I would suggest you look up passing tips for ftm's/trans men since they have the same problems

4. Orange Bananas

Thanks! I also found some looser fitting shirts so that on boy days I can wear a loose fitting shirt and my hips won't show as much. :grin:

5. Caillin

You could try working out to gain some muscle tone.

6. Orange Bananas

Working out is probably a good idea in general, but I have a very active friend and she has large hips.

7. Axxel

Axxel Guest

I also have huge hips. I find wearing a fairly loose, light coloured shirt and then another darker unbuttoned shirt over the top breaks up the curves really well by creating a straight up and down effect.

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Hey.

So, writing this as a curvy as hell guy. My hips are almost as wide as my shoulders and I got some pretty wide shoulders. My ass? Man. You think you have a bubble butt, mine's practically an ecodome. I'm maybe the only transguy I know that's had to wear large and XL sizes despite being pre-T (and I'm not that fat- my hips really are that wide)

I still pass about 80% of the time.

Now, I've found the key is you want to make it seem like your body's less of an hourglass shape but moreso a block. And you do this by layering clothes.

I'm wearing my binder (which is a tri-top, so I'm only getting chest coverage. A full length binder, if you have any bit of a belly, is gonna give you issues rolling up, which I didn't need), a t-shirt. I'll wear a shirt over the t-shirt, usually an open sports shirt. And then, over that, if I'm walking outside, I'll have a jacket. (not always practical in hot weather, so if you layer, keep it light. I can still pass in just the t-shirt and sports shirt, as long as the sports shirt is big enough to conceal my hips.

Mannerisms are gonna matter more than you'd assume. So's your walk. Watch other men, see how they roll, then adapt that to your male presentation.

As for jeans, make sure they're well-fitted. Can't emphasis this enough. Men's jeans will help flatten your ass and hips, but I'll warn you now- it's terribly depressing having to shop for them when you have small hips as it is. :lol: Gonna be frank- men's jeans aren't made with FAAB people in mind.

How's your hair? Hair made a huge difference in my ability to pass. Used to have a feminine haircut and I'd disguise it with a hat- but it really hampered my ability to pass. Once I got it cut, I probably started passing about a hundred times better than I did before so. So, consider getting like, a pixie (which is what I asked for), and then you've got something you can adjust depending on how you're presenting.

Best of luck, my friend.

9. Orange Bananas

Thanks so much! I still have to get my hair cut because I never have enough time, but I'm looking to get a pixie. The tips are really helpful and I'll have to try them as soon as I... come out.... oh yeah. I'll manage that part eventually. Hopefully soon.

10. Icarus Falls

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have the same issue, but I am more fat than curvy. But it is very obvious with particular types of clothing. For me wearing baggy clothing helps to make me look more boxy, as well as it can as opposed to fat hour glass.

11. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Tell ya what ...ladies jeans aren't meant for the typical masculine body either. But, somehow, I can manage to pull them off. I even made a vis female jealous; she came up to me at work and said she had to tell me something ... said my butt looked really nice in these (misses' Levi's) jeans. And, she walked by every night thinking how she wished her butt looked like mine! I thought it flattering, even if she was being catty saying it in front of big, black guy!