1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swimwear Advice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Manta, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Manta

So I'm biologically female and tend to present somewhere between female and androgynous, but one thing I can't get myself to do it go swimming. I love the water and really miss it, but for the last few years have avoided swimming like the plague because I feel so uncomfortable in women's swimwear.

I've seen others get in the water in a t-shirt and shorts, but that seems like it would create a lot of drag for serious swimming and wouldn't make me feel particularly confident in how I look. What other ideas do people have for swimwear?

2. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Would a bikini top and shorts be too bad?

I'm sure you could probably get something that's halfway between a t-shirt and a bikini top.

3. Caillin

You can try and find a tight fitting swim top as for bottoms im not sure there might be more form fitting swimming trunks out there.

4. Niko

Depends on what you're looking for. I guess if you're a serious swimmer try looking for a tight swim shirt, kind of like an under armor compression shirt, only for swimming. If you're looking to bind though (which it doesn't really sound like that's what you want) there are binding swim tops you can find online (that's what I use). As for bottoms, try swim trunks. I'm sure they have woman's swim trunks so they're not as baggy as guys, but still have the same length and feel to them.

Other than that I'm not sure. :\

5. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They make swim unitards that are pretty gender-neutral and very practical seeming. I haven't tried one yet bc I don't have lady hips and have a long torso and chest so, it wouldn't fit right but they look good. If more masculine attire would be better, go for a rashgaurd and jammers or trunks. Swimoutlet.com has a TON of stuff.

6. Manta

Thank you everyone for the ideas! They were very helpful, and pointed me in the right direction.