1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We're starting a support group in my town!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by justjade, Apr 9, 2014.

1. justjade

So yeah, I got a call the other day. It went to voicemail, and as it turns out, it was my therapist, and she said that a meeting for "that group we talked about" was going to be the next day at 1. But I had to work, so I didn't go. I couldn't even remember what the group even was, but I figured it was something LGBT-related. Well, I went to therapy today and asked about it, and she said it was a transgender support group. There are actually 4 people interested in joining, which surprised me a lot. She told me that one of them is genderfluid, and there's at least one transwoman. I'm not sure if I'm the only trans guy or now, but it's exciting! I really want to be at the next one. I hope this keeps up. I don't have any transgender friends around where I live, so I'm really, really excited.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh wow, that's awesome!

3. justjade

Oh, it is. Too bad the first meeting was a flop. Only one person showed up. We all work, so it's going to be hard to get us all together, but I think it's going to be worth it. :slight_smile:

4. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Awesome. :slight_smile: <3