1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where in the world do I start?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CurtainsDrawn, Apr 9, 2014.

1. CurtainsDrawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 22 and genetically female. I've thought my entire life that something wasn't quite right with my body, and I've come to realize that I'm meant to be male. I'm so confused, though. I hate my body, but I've always wanted to have children (and I do mean HAVE). I want to transition, but I'm afraid of being disappointed by the results, because I will never "truly" be male. I'm not sure where to start, other than finding a counselor. Any advice???

2. Orange Bananas

I'm not trans, but I'd say find a counselor or somebody who can recommend hormone therapy, meanwhile coming out and getting the proper materials to dress as the gender you truly are. Once you start on hormones and you're identifying as male full-time, start saving up money for SRS so you can really be physically male. I'm a bio female, but gendefluid, so I can tell you that passing as male (especially before hormones for you) isn't easy. You have to cut your hair, bind, pack if you think it'll help, buy mens' clothes, and learn how to walk and talk like a guy. It really is worth it, though, and you can be truly and completely male.

3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I would say that a counselor is definitely your first stop for sorting through this. If you'd like to change your expression, clothes and haircuts might be in your future. As far as being a man, you are who you feel you are and no one can take it from you. If you say that you are a man, that is the only "proof" any of us on EC need. Also, as long as you don't have your reproductive organs removed, you can physically have kids (many transmen have). The results of bottom surgery aren't yet as great as those achieved for transwomen but if that was something that you wanted, you could look into whether or not c-section delivery might be an option...

You have plenty of options yet :slight_smile:

4. CurtainsDrawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a binder, but I also have DD's. I've always had really short hair, so that's not so much of an issue. I'm more apprehensive about telling my family, because they almost disowned me for being a "lesbian". (I use the quotes, because I don't identify as female, so I guess that makes me straight) I can't imagine how they'll react to this.