1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boobs. Unfortunately.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by cava, Apr 11, 2014.

1. cava

My current bra size is a 32G by the standards of most U.S. manufacturers (well, those that make that size anyway). Ideally I'd like to wish on a dandelion or perform an ancient ritual using unicorn tears or something and have them magically be smaller. Like even just a few cup sizes. Like four or five. Just enough so that they'd be easy to hide when I wanted to and cute and perky when I felt like showing them off. Unfortunately the consensus of the scientific community is that that's not how things work. Sports bras are not going to cut it (the ones in my size are easily $60 or more), and minimizer bras seem only slightly better (still expensive in my size and proud of themselves if they can hide one whole cup size). Binding seems like the only option short of surgery, but my bestie does that and seeing how it's worked for him I don't think it's for me. He also started out a bit top-heavy and his tissue is now.. Well, he describes it as "saggy grandma tits." That's definitely not what I want. (Also I tried on one of his binders once and it was super uncomfy).

Essentially, I would like to have the option to sometimes look all hot and cleavagey but also be able to just put them away when I feel like it. With my current size the first part works out without me trying but the second is impossible.

Does anyone here experience similar issues or have any tips for dressing to hide them at least a little?

2. Niko

Well sport bras should take them down some, but it won't make them flat against your chest like a binder would. And yes if you bind for several years with a binder the tissue will break down, causing them to sag.

Umm...so aside from sport bras and layers, layers, layers, layers... I don't know. :\

I'm sorry, I hope someone else can suggest something better.

3. The only other option aside from binding (that I'm aware of) is surgery. Or as Niko said, layers.

If you think of it from a medical and financial point of view, surgery may be the best option because large breasts can cause health problems. Your insurance may even cover the operation because of the health risks. Besides, you'll save money in the long run from buying specialty bras. IMO only, I don't mean to offend you by saying that =)

4. JennyKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Breast reduction surgery might be an option. Like, if you wanna be androgynous, you could get them reduced but not totally gone. A girl I dated back in the day had it done because her breasts were actually warping her spine because they were so big. But they looked perfectly fine, I couldn't tell she'd them reduced at all, and she said they still felt/functioned just fine. Apparently it's a thing that a decent number of people have done, so you may wanna look into it.

5. cava

No offence taken. I'd really like to get surgery honestly, even if I still had like a C or a D, it would be a huge improvement. It's just a matter of money right now. Even if I could get my insurance to cover part of it, it'll still cost more than I have right now.

---------- Post added 11th Apr 2014 at 08:52 PM ----------

Oh man, I have back problems, but nothing quite that bad. Surgery sounds awesome, and is a long-term goal of mine. I guess I was mostly hoping for something short term as sortof a band-aid to slap on the problem for the time being haha.

6. justjade

I'm with Niko. Layers are awesome. That's what I use to conceal my chest when I'm presenting male, as well as :eek: skipping the bra and just wearing a tight tank top. Another thing to keep in mind, though, is that it may help to play with proportions on the bottom half as well to balance things out. This will keep you from looking top-heavy (I'm only assuming. Don't shoot me!) and also draw attention to other parts of your body, if that's what you're looking for.

7. cava

I would love to go braless, but it hurts if I'll be doing it more than a few hours. Your assumption is pretty close to correct (and you have no fear of violence hehe, it takes a lot to make me mad and even then I'll just pout about it), though I have a fair bit of butt to work with too. If I had a comfortable sport bra and wear layers, I can probably pass them off reasonably well as moobs or something haha