1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pain from Spironolactone?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TheBatwoman, Apr 11, 2014.

1. TheBatwoman

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi. I'm new, so I'm really sorry if I put this in the wrong section, I was torn between this and the physical health section. But I'm a bit desperate for answers. I've been on spironolactone for 4 months roughly. And the last three or so days, my body's just been in a lot of pain suddenly. Shoulders, breast area, ankles, elbows, lower calves and upper back mostly. For anyone that has been on spironolactone before, is this a side effect or intended effect (like is this what happens when it decreases muscle mass, which I think it's supposed to do...) that you have gotten from it or is it probably completely unrelated?

2. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

You will be sore for I while I think. I know my breasts where sore for a long while when on HRT and spiro. It helps to eat well, take good care of yourself and get regular exercise. Also remember that spiro interacts with alcohol, so be careful about that. I think everyone experiences the changes from hormones differently, but it really is like a second puberty. You will get growing pains as things change. If things get bad maybe talk to your doctor or therapist about it, but I think what you are describing is normal.