1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arousal in gay and straight people?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by pbateman, Apr 12, 2014.

1. pbateman

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Just a quick post regarding arousal in gay and straight people. This is more to help myself regarding my OCD, I'd ask my brother it but might be a bit awkward. Plus I suppose it's so I can understand him better without making him feel uncomfortable. Also, my threads keep getting moved, if this is in the wrong place, sorry.

Okay, say for example you're a gay man on a night out with your friends, who are all straight males. They get drunk (you've had a couple of drinks but are pretty much sober) and they start grinding against you - putting their bottom against your crotch, thrusting their crotch into yours, thrusting their crotch in your face, putting their face right into yours, breathing heavily down your ear etc. And then in the taxi home they're sitting legs spread, legs on top of yours and then one guy (since he's so drunk) puts his head right on your crotch and leaves it there.

So. That scenario. Would that turn a gay man on?

This situation happened to me last night, and - I know I shouldn't, but I kept checking myself and was flaccid each time.

However, earlier in the day I'd been at some girls house and she had previously been texting me hinting at 'things', though I don't 'fancy her' as such, whilst I was there I was erect, so much so it was protruding through my jeans due to the possibility of me and her doing 'stuff'.

Sorry for making these threads, by the way. Let me know if you're getting sick of them.

2. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Different people are turned on by different things at different times. :slight_smile:

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From everything you've said, you're straight. :slight_smile:

And yes, the scenario you describe would probably be arousing to many, perhaps most, gay men.

itsuka likes this.
  4. DhammaGamer

Sounds to me like you are straight. It's cool you are confident enough to explore your own sexuality though. Some straight guys (homophobes) would freak the hell out in that type of situation.

itsuka likes this.
  5. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Pretty sure you're straight.

itsuka likes this.
  6. Chuva

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Arousal is different on the individual, but just as difference variances are attractive to a straight man (red hair/brown hair, large/small breasts, athelticism/voluptiousness, musical ability, clumsy/organized, tall/short) and not to another, the same goes for gay men and straight and gay people in general. It's best not to assume.

7. Yosia

Id probably be more like 'ewww get off me' because people like that sound unpleasant ^.^

8. pbateman

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Cheers for the replies. Feel like am having some kind of identity crisis atm, lol.

I mean, me and my best friend are very close. Like, at times I emulate him - I suppose I kinda wanna be like him. I met this guy the other day who is in the same field as me, job-wise and he's pretty cool, I suppose he's got his life sorted career wise and I want to be like that. But now I've noticed I'm trying to force uncomfortable thoughts into my head to see if I get a response. I'm finding myself feeling uneasy round this guy - even though he could help further my career - and my best friend also. I keep putting thoughts into my head of me on in these 'situations' with them to see if I get a response. I never do, am always flaccid. Often I'm feeling horrible doing it, then other times I'm just like whatever, but still don't get aroused or anything, but there's like a sickly pain in my stomach, I guess - though I dunno if am imagining that. I'm probably not doing myself any favours doing this. Anyway I can think about me and a girl doing stuff - which isn't uncomfortable, in fact I feel great and am aroused from it. Then I have some alone time and these intrusive thoughts appear again and I can't carry on because I start to go down.

So, what's going there?

I wish these tablets would kick in soon so I could think clearly. Either way, glad you guys are being cool with me and my questions.

#8 pbateman, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  9. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to say I would agree with this one--and I'm definitely a gay guy.

10. pbateman

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hmm, now if a random girl in a club... or even a friend who's a girl started grinding against me or grabbing me etc, that'd turn me on *shrug*.

So, the more I read into stuff now, the more the thoughts that appear are like 'whatever'. Still not aroused etc., but they're not even bothering me as much, but it's scaring me more now in case I'm not bothered by these thoughts :/. Mannnn, this is crap.