1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flamboyant FtM's

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Calix, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Calix

Just wondering what people's opinion of them are. I've read in a few places that gay guys can find them annoying since they make the stereotype even worse in their eyes. I'm kinda flamboyant (when I'm excited usually), but I don't think I'm excessively so.

2. Ruthven

People need to get off flamboyant fem guys' (cis and trans) backs. Like seriously, it's fuckin ridiculous.

ooh so we're makin the stereotype worse? well those people who find us annoyin need to fuck off, and get over themselves. I am so sick of femmephobia with guys it's just ugh....but of course it's more fine if girls are like that. It's supposed to be like that. But how dare any fella be fab too. All hail gender roles....>_>

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to find that most of the people that get described as 'flamboyant' are people I would just describe as 'fun'.

You know, I like it when people feel they can express themselves like that. I don't like it when people fake it for the sake of things, but you know...if someone wants to be bright and bubbly and dance because their jam came on, damn it, do that. FLAME THE FUCK ON.

4. ElvenDragon

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm fairly flamboyant and can be a bit girly at times, and because of it my mother doesn't believe that I'm really a guy because I'm too girly -_-

I hope the therapist doesn't think this either.

Anyway, I hate how people think that trans guys have to be super masculine.

5. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

I think that if FtM's are overly flamboyant then it kind of ruins the aspect of blending in. I can't think of too many guys I know that are "flamboyant."

Personally I can't care less, be who you are *shrug*

6. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that there is a difference between feminine and flamboyant. I sometimes behave femininely (toward very young children and around animals) but would never describe myself as flamboyant. Flamboyance is more like loud, exaggerated femininity - flapping in Crate & Barrel over a fabric or repeating "like OMG, OMG!!" very loudly - as examples. :eusa_naug This behavior is irritating in adults of all genders. As far as I'm concerned, no one old enough to attend college should act this way. Femininity is totally fine for anyone inclined to it. :thumbsup:

7. Manta

I tend to think someone is flamboyant when they are dressing or acting a certain way for attention. If someone is feminine and has a large personality I think that is different from when someone seems to be acting or purposefully laying it on thicker than they normally would so that people will look at them.

For me then, if someone is acting flamboyant they are trying to be a charactuer and are reenforcing stereotypes in certain settings rather than challenging them like may have been the original intention. My main concern is how genuine the person seems to be in their actions.

8. Calix

I'm not acting when I appear more feminine, I just speak with a squeakier voice and get all hyper when I hear good news >.< Day-to-day I'm just normal I think/hope.

9. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At your age, you may just not have grown out of certain behaviors yet so, it's probably fine. :thumbsup: At your age, I was waaaaay too macho. :lol: But youth and acting childish are different. A 25 or 30 year old flapping or OMG-ing just looks and sounds silly.

10. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sincerely hope that when I'm 50, if something genuinely makes me want to flap and OMG I won't spend so much as a second worrying about if other people think I look silly...

11. Techno Kid

Anyone can act however they want. :dry: :tantrum:

12. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, they may but if an adult habitually behaves like a child, I reserve the right not to associate closely with them. This is a major pet peeve of mine...

13. Manta

So long as you're just being you, go for it! :thumbsup:

14. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I don't understand why folks are so eager to shame femininity/flamboyancy, namely other trans men who seemingly 'police' femme guys. I'm pretty feminine myself, both in demeanor and looks (even my hair at the moment is dyed green), although I'm not very flamboyant but I certainly don't mind others who are. Honestly, I find it an admirable quality because I wish I could be half that enthusiastic and fun most of the time!

I mean, how boring to essentially tone down your behaviour and expression just to 'pass' or 'blend in'. I want to dress femininely and act feminine because I am feminine. I don't see why that should be considered an issue, and same goes for flamboyant folks.

15. justjade

I get a wee bit flamboyant admittedly when I'm in the mood to be. I don't think it's a big deal. Everyone's just who they are.

16. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I hate gender policing. If a transguy is feminine, I have no problem with that because I respect people for how they identify themselves not for how I perceive them. But flamboyancy isn't a gender thing, it's a perkiness thing. Perky irritates me except in children, though, it actually bothers me less in guys than women because I'm not attracted to the guys so, I just don't care as much. :lol:

17. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeeeaaahhhh, about that. Some people can't help it if they flap. I mean it's not just a flamboyant thing done by some excited flamboyant people, it's a common autistic trait, arm/hand flapping, and it's hard to break away from no matter what your age is.

18. ThisIsTheKenneth

Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm a bit feminine but I'm super reserved so I wouldn't say flamboyant. I don't care if others are flamboyant as long as they don't, like, squeal right in my ears. I'd never dream of policing how feminine/androgynous/masculine anyone is, regardless of gender.

19. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally doesn't apply to people who cannot help it. Anyone who picks on someone with autism or any other disability/ difficulty FOR ANYTHING related to it is a worthless pig in my opinion. :tantrum:

20. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To be honest, I think flamboyant people are annoying.
    Feminine? Okay, that's fine. I'd be a bit concerned about a feminine trans man, though- what if they don't pass? We must take safety into concern here, people. I wish there were more masculine LGBTs around my area, though. :frowning2:

The difference between being feminine and being flamboyant is how loud you are. But what I do not approve of is flamboyant gays who say masculine gays are just acting, and vice versa. I think that is the main problem here...