1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Androgyny

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Minnie, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Minnie

So I'm curious about the gender androgyne. As far as I know it's a merge of male and female - what exactly does that feel like? I'd love to hear any experiences any androgynous members are willing to share. I've been questioning/accepting/denying my gender for months now.

2. ArthurOK

ArthurOK Guest

Well, androgyny/genderqueerness is completely liberating, for me. If I feel like acting more "masculine", then ill do it. If I feel more feminine, that'll happen as well. It is quite awkward in the bathroom situation. I do not use the restroom in public unless it is gender neutral or a dire emergency. But I kinda like it when people dirge whole 'sir-uh-ma'am-uh' thing with me. I feel free in being able to pass as either gender. In short, I love being gender queer, even if some people are weirded out by it.

3. Chuva

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The androgyne identification can mean someone who seems to possess both female and male traits, someone who identifies as someone with male and female and male traits, and/or someone who identifies as completely separate from the idea of a male or female gender identification. Not to be confused with gender-fluidity which is the feeling of switching from one gender identification to another at some sense of regularity.

Note that androgyny is not mutually exclusive of any identification, as it can be both a perception and an identification. Also, as with any other identity, it can be a permanent stage of personal identity or a transitional stage.