1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surgery and hair

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BookDragon, Apr 13, 2014.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK so I've got another one for you...

So as I understand it, in MtF bottom surgery I know they make it all out of the penis and what have you...but I guess I have 2 questions that need answering...(Now watch as I show my ignorance of both surgery AND the inner workings of the female genitals!)

1. So if they make you up out of what you've got, and you haven't got much down there, does that mean you have a really short vagina inside?

I mean how does that work exactly? There must be an inside bit or it just wouldn't go anywhere and they can't just have a hole!

2. So if you've got hair ON your penis...how exactly do they stop you having hair INSIDE you after surgery...

Also if I've just asked two really stupid questions just ignore this thread and let it die in the shameful corner it should be in xD

2. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For question #1, they can take tissue from elsewhere if necessary to lengthen the vaginal cavity. However, it should be noted that there is considerable variance in this even among cisfemales so, don't stress too much over it. As for question #2) my understanding is that the outside does not exactly become the inside - it's more complicated than simple inversion (bc otherwise, you'd have sensation issues) but you might google "vaginoplasty" for clarification. Also, HRT should take care of that problem regardless as could laser hair removal... ouch... I'm sorry... :eek:

Lastly, I'm not actually a creeper. :lol: I know a lot of stuff about human anatomy and physiology and I used to be a member of a site dominantly frequented by transwomen so, yeah... :smilewave

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I keep meaning to look it up, really I do...I guess it scares me a bit to think about. I know I want it really bad, but still...really ought to get over that at some point!

4. WillowRose

I have seen several references recommending electrolysis or laser hair removal around the shaft of the penis and the bottom of the scrotum, as those are the first places they go to get skin for the vaginoplasty.

(Tempted to add a joke about how it's all a plot to boost sales of local anesthetics, but these references seemed well-informed. So, yeah, ouch. )

5. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :dry: Oh jeez, woman, just read the friggin' article! And I was right that they use either foreskin or scrotal tissue (with the hair follicles removed!) to line the canal.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_reassignment_surgery_(male-to-female)

:dry: Read it...

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will...later...not now...not before bed! :slight_smile:

7. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation: