1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I pass as a guy?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Axxel, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Axxel

Axxel Guest

Hey there people!

Just droppin' on by to be a bit nosy and ask if you think I pull off guy mode decently :slight_smile: I'm not the most macho and since I'm bi I won't be taking T. I'm hoping for some tiny physical claim to my masculine side, since at the moment it seems to only exist in my mind.

http://media501.dropshots.com/photos/1181642/20140413/r270_230803.jpg

http://media501.dropshots.com/photos/1181642/20140413/r270_230833.jpg

http://media501.dropshots.com/photos/1181642/20140413/r270_230836.jpg

Girl mode:

http://media500.dropshots.com/photos/1181642/20140413/r270_231006.jpg

In the interest of fairness I'm not wearing any makeup in these. I can usually get a lot more guyish with some contouring tricks.

2. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I honestly think it depends on how you present/carry yourself . your face is very neutral

3. Axxel

Axxel Guest

Hey Mods, I didn't realize that posting links like that was a violation of the privacy thing. There's no other information on it but I can't edit the posts now to take the links out since the time has passed.

Thanks for the feedback Lauren. It's great to hear that.

4. laurenc

laurenc Guest

your welcome

5. Axxel

Axxel Guest

:slight_smile:

Deleted those photos off the site I linked too so now it's totally empty. Put them up on my profile instead if anybody else would be so kind as to give their input as to whether I make an adequate bro-man-thing. Thanks!

6. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't see any album

7. Axxel

Axxel Guest

It's being moderated. :slight_smile: Have a terrifying tiny photo instead.

8. Tetra

As for the tiny avatar photo, I'd say no... However that doesn't mean you don't pass. It may just be this picture in particular. Besides, passing is about more than just your face.

9. Axxel

Axxel Guest

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile: I agree on there being others aspects. Unfortunately, I definitely sound female.

Any closer to the mark in full out guy mode?

10. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get rid of the curved eyebrow liner.

11. Axxel

Axxel Guest

Unfortunately that's how my eyebrows are shaped. Is there any way to make them look less curved without actual shaping?

Added: Which didn't make sense XD I used the makeup to make them thicker, but the shape is still off. Can they be shaped using makeup rather than growing them out?

#11 Axxel, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
  12. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Make them straight and more bushy. If your brows were straight I'd totally say yes.

13. Chuva

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would say you could successfully go for either look, keeping in mind changes to carriage, attire, and mannerisms. Shaving your jawline might help as well, as men don't have peach fuzz (soft feminine jawline is unconsciously picked up as a gender indicator).

I'm not sure about your breast size, but T-Kingdom is a very good brand of chest binder vests, bra's and half shirts.

A good thing to keep in mind are your hips, which are rather indicative, but easy to hide with loose hoodies, jackets, shirts, and low cut pants.