1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's my (evil) plan?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by hii, Apr 13, 2014.

1. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got this great idea today! Muahaha.

My best friend (the one who knows I think I'm transgender) came over today and we told my parents that we were going to go on a walk and we actually got kind of far away from my house. This might sound like no big deal but my parents were pretty over-protective before and I've never done anything like that. I've never even been on a walk without my parents or an adult before. I finally realized, "hey, I'm a teenager now! I can do these kinds of things without my parents tagging along!"

So, enough backstory. I hatched this great plan to get my parents to let my best friend and I (and maybe some other friends) go shopping on our own. I'd get out my pocket money and buy myself some guy clothes, change into them in the bathroom, and see if I can pass in public by maybe going to a coffee shop or something.

I'm 14 and in the last few months of grade 8. Do you think I'd be able to do this and get it past my parents?

Any ideas of a way for getting the clothes back to my house without my parents noticing?

Where should I shop that there definitely won't be a problem if I wear clothes from it for a while without washing them right away (it's also got to carry boys sizes since I'm 5'3)?

How would I eventually wash them when my mom does the laundry?

And do you think that this is a silly plan and I should just buy more androgynous clothes (it doesn't seem the same to me) (I only want these clothes so I can feel more masculine in private) (I also want to get guys underwear). Thanks.

2. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If your parents will completely freak out if you wear guy's clothes then my suggestions are as follows:

1) Buy the shirts from the guy's section and just get t-shirts for now and button downs that are obviously too big in white, pink, or yellow - good places for shirts would be American Eagle and H&M since they carry XS in men's. In boy's, Gap, Aeropostale Kids (forget what it's called), Old Navy, and depending upon how much cash a kid your age has, you could go for Abercrombie Kids. For button downs, buy a men's size S or M so it is obviously big. Pop on some guy jewelry and skinny jeans and tell them that the 80's are back in style. I rock this look even now just bc it's comfy and reasonably fashionable regardless of gender. :lol:

2) For pants, I'd just get some skinny jeans or "boyfriend cut" or other androgynous cuts - if you have an H&M go there bc they size their pants the same way in men's and women's (this will allow for more sneakiness in the future...) :badgrin: If no H&M, any skinny jeans in blues, black or red will do fine.

Good luck!! :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 13th Apr 2014 at 06:23 PM ----------

Oh, and I like your (evil) plan!! :eusa_clap

3. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great suggestions, Gates! Ooh, I love it. My plan's really starting to formulate in my mind. The more masculine pieces I'll keep hidden for now. I'd just have them for my attire when I'm home alone or taking selfies to put on EC (which I plan to do). And then I'd just gradually make my wardrobe more androgynous and then masculine. I would have to be careful about the tags though if I shop in the guys section a lot. Hmm...

4. ThisIsTheKenneth

Out Status:
    All but family
    Your evil plan is so good (bad?) that I am going to do this. You could get the clothes home in your schoolbag or something, and as far as the laundry goes you could start doing it yourself if your mom'll let you.

5. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems I have started something! :badgrin: As lazy as I am, doing my own laundry might be the only way for this to work. My mom might appreciate it, actually.

6. cava

If you're only getting a few pieces to start with, see if you can get any of your friends to take them home and get them washed at their house (or do your laundry yourself sometimes, but not so much that it'll seem suspicious). If your parents do see any of it, a lot of guy clothes can be easily passed of as some kind of fashion statement. Parents of teenagers don't understand what their kids wear half the time anyway haha.

Since very few styles are considered exclusively masculine, it is much easier for ftm teens to sneak clothes than it is for mtf girls. The only thing that might get tricky is if you decide to start binding your chest. Start with sports bras (because they're "more comfortable" if your parents ask). Good luck :slight_smile: