1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair removal

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JennyKeys, Apr 13, 2014.

1. JennyKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I've been meticulously shaving my face every morning, but I've always grown facial hair pretty fast, which is super annoying. But I've heard that there are laser hair removal procedures and some permanent hair removal procedures that exist. Which would obviously be super convenient~

Do any of you have any experience with laser hair removal? Like, how long does it last for? How expensive of a procedure is it? Is it like a big deal surgical thing, or something more akin to like a dentist visit? I'm looking to eventually try something to get this nasty hair off my face without the meticulous shaving (and maybe my chest and legs too~ ).

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Claudette swears by it. I'm not sure yet myself (male mode or not... I HATE shaving and facial hair). Apparently laser home kits eventually stop it as long as treatment is kept up but it also requires shaving still for a while.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From what I've heard, laser is expensive and temporary, the step up from that lasts longer but is MUCH more expensive and hurts like hell...unfortunately I've never done either...I want to try laser but I can't afford to :frowning2:

4. InfectedGenes

Out Status:
    Family only
    I heard that Laser takes longer and is less effective but is cheaper where as Electrolysis is more expensive but gets the job done more efficently and quicker, but I hear they both hurt like hell.

5. PeytonRose

I've been doing the same. On my way to work or wherever I may be going, I have an electric shaver in my car and spend at least 20 minutes trying to shave off all the peach fuzz and stubble that is on my face. I HATE it and have started trying to cover it up with foundation. It helps but not by much. It's gotten to the point where I'm almost OCD about shaving. If I see unsightly body hair I usually freak and try to shave ASAP. Still, while I hate the process I LOVE the end result. My legs are always amazingly smooth now, but getting to that point is a real pain.

6. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I heard it was the other way around.
    I thought laser was faster, but more expensive and better results.
    Electrolysis is cheaper, but longer.

But I'm probably wrong.