1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ftw happened?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by xAlexzanderx, Apr 14, 2014.

1. xAlexzanderx

As most of you may know, I **had** a really supportive aunt with me being trans*..

I was talking to her yesterday and asked if she'd take me out to get dudes underwear. Here's our convo.

Her: why do you need guys underwear?

Me: because, hopefully they will make me feel better.

Her: I am lost..?

Me: okay let me out it this way

I am NOT a girl, people need to stop calling me a girl.

I hate my breasts, and want to rip them off, and I want to get dudes underwear, because hopefully they make me feel better..

Her: I thought this shit was over?

Me: why would you think it's over? Because I stopped talking about it? Mom never helped me so I shut up about it.

Her: no but you said you liked this boy in your class. If you **WANNA** be a boy, you can't like a boy.

Me: my sexuality has nothing to do with it. My gender is my gender and ill make the hot loving with whoever I choose.

Me: and I don't **WANNA** be a boy, I **AM** a boy..

Then I never got a text back..

This isn't the complete convo, but she got homophobic, and shit.

But what the duck? I thought she supported me and shit. :bang:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well...that must have been horrible...

3. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Sometimes, when people claim to support you, they do so under the false pretense that you are attempting to / will "change" and become "normal". They aren't necessarily supporting who you actually are. People who are homophobic / simply against LGBT rights will assume that it's something you are actively working on changing, so you NEED clearly state that it's nothing you're planning on changing or hiding.

Not to say it's in any way your fault, your aunt's clearly a jerk, but being as blunt as you were (though you had every right to be) was most likely the last straw for her.

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

You're not alone, my mom does nearly the same...

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Families can be really weird sometimes. I hope she comes around soon.

6. WillowRose

I speculate that she may have experienced the "it's just a phase" flavor of denial, and just didn't give you flak earlier because she thought the "phase" would pass quickly. So much for denial, eh?

So sorry you had to deal with the flak.

7. Skyline

That's really crappy of her. I'm not familiar with your situation so I don't know; What did she do to seem so supportive before? I suppose maybe I should just read some more of your threads if I want to know that...

Still, this seems like a crazy turn around from being supportive.

8. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry to hear that! :frowning2:

9. breathmints

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I told my mother I was agender and she respected my pronouns for a day and a half, then completely dropped it and reverted back in less than a second away from when she was using them correctly. I'm so sorry to hear that we all have to be pushed away like it's some phase. There's nothing I can say to mend what your family does to you, but we're all in this together, alright? That sounds so silly and cliche but we are really all in these troubles together because we're not the only ones. Just know we all support you, even if you can't find the support you need in your family, I'm sure most of us are always open to speak to. Don't hesitate to turn to the community. I really do hope your family can come to respect you.