1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lesbian woman questioning

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lila, Apr 14, 2014.

1. lila

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, I'm a woman but am uncertain about some things. I'd quite like to be able to pass as a guy, to dress like one and walk like one and just try it out, but I am overweight. I have 38D breasts and a round face and look very female. I'm looking for advice on whether to try and pass, and how to start out. I've read a lot about binders and things, but I don't have any money at the moment. I can't even afford to get my hair cut the way I want. Hopefully that'll be changing soon, so advice that costs money (like binders) will still be very welcome.

I'm just a bit afraid and lost, and have no idea where to start or if this is more than simple curiosity about gender. Any advice would be so very welcome at the moment. Thank you for reading.

2. Ngc

Ngc Guest

Hello lila! It seems that you and I have a very many things in common! I was a lesbian once too, and I began questioning my entire everything. Long story short: I'm pretty damn sure I'm a trans guy, but I still have questions. I'm going to add a few questions here for you to try out and see what makes you feel most 'right':
    1. In 5-10 years what gender do you see yourself as?
    2. Say out loud "I am a girl", then say "I am a boy", then "I am neither", and finally "I am both"... See, which statement feels more truthful to yourself
    3. Imagining living as a different gender and how that would make you feel? Would you feel better about yourself? Or would it just feel wrong?
    4. Ask yourself if you could be reborn as any gender of your choosing, which one would you choose?
    This is all I have for now, but these questions have helped me in the past!

I think, that you can try out dressing more masculine to see how it goes for you. When I started doing that, I was so much more confident in myself and I realized that maybe I wasn't as cis as I once thought. As to what I do about my breasts, I've taken to layering. I take a sports bra, tank top, sports bra, tank top with a built in bra thingy, and another tank top. The thing with the tank top with the built in bra is, you put it on backwards, with the elastic going around the middle of your chest (basically your nipples), and then fold the remaining of the tank top over your chest. It's worked wonders for me as of late! If you have any clothing like that, then I recommend using it, but BE CAREFUL! I wasn't my first week and I overdid it and ended up cutting my shoulders with the amount of straps I had on! Baggy clothes work too, and the haircut, I'd wait until you have the money to get it cut by someone who knows what they're doing, trust me, it doesn't end well if you do it yourself.

I'm still a bit lost and afraid too, but I think you and I can both figure it out here! Everyone is amazingly helpful! If all else fails, I'll be checking this post to see how things go for you and to help as much as possible! I hope what I have here helped and wasn't too confusing! And I'm sorry for writing such a long post!

3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haircuts are tricky... very tricky... But with a round face, you want to have hard, clean edges. As for binding, for your size, definitely stick with a western brand like Underworks. Until then, you might try an Armour Bra from Under Armour. I don't recommend too many layers because it can cause fatigue.

Have fun exploring who you are!