1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing views on gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Minnie, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Minnie

Was curious, has anyone here ever thought they were trans and then decided they were cis? Months ago I was sure I was trans and have gradually adopted it in my mind, but there are also cis thoughts and feelings (or what might be cis... I don't think they are yet I think I might be closing off doors to being comfortable with myself by telling myself they're not what I am) in my head too. Yet, I can't settle on bigender etc. I know of some people who've transitioned and then transitioned back, but only a couple - and one was supported through PFOX.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure people have and who knows what the future holds. You aren't locked into anything. Be what makes you happy. That's what life is about, or should be.

3. PeytonRose

110% agree!

I lived 27 years trying to make everyone else happy and live up to an image of what people thought I should be and you know what I did? I tried to make everyone else happy and in the meantime made myself miserable. So I took a chance and indulged myself, explored my inner being as it were, and have found something so incredible that I can't help but follow it. It's not what my mom wants for me, it's not what my best friend was expecting from me, but it's what I want. That fact alone has given me courage to stand up and be who I am meant to be and I couldn't be happier. People are going to point and laugh I'm sure, or call me names, whatever. At the end of the day I can look myself in the eyes and say that I did it all for me. :slight_smile:

If any of that ranting made sense at least...

4. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't really questioned whether or not I was trans* but I have questioned and often still question whether or not I need to live my life as such. I feel that a lot of things contribute to this questioning : my age, my body type, and my vanity. Sometimes I think to myself that I wouldn't be an attractive man so, why bother? Other times, I simply ask how would my life be functionally different from how it is now when most see me as a butch lesbian.

It isn't totally the same but I can see where you're coming from with "cis feelings." I hope it all works out for you.

5. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yep, im actually going through this at the moment. I was sure i was trans for a couple of years but since talking to a therapist about it and going over memories and how i feel about myself i have come to realize transition is not for me and that how i feel comes from other issues from childhood. Even though the past few years have been my hardest so far im still glad for it because before i thought i could be trans i was very transphobic but now i have learned a lot and am much more accepting of people. If you are questioning you should get a therapist to help you work through how you are feeling, a good therapist won't tell you that your right or wrong they will just listen and give you guidance and remember that transitioning is up to you and weather you feel its best for you or not.

6. Minnie

Thanks everyone, I've already had therapy for it though! I might go back later in my life though.

7. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I second that motion!