1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the first time ever

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Axxel, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Axxel

Axxel Guest

I got recognized today without specifying my identity to the person! :icon_bigg

I was talking to this guy who, out of the blue, asks what gender pronouns I prefer. I say I don't mind and then half way through the conversation I make a joke about being manly and he says 'yeah, I noticed that when I first met you. A bit of both. It's great."

This is a guy that's only ever seen me in 'girl mode', who knows nothing about how I define myself. It was such a ridiculously awesome moment to not only be recognized for what I really am but also for someone to point it out in an admiring rather than derisive way. My happiness about this is even more potent because I caught him checking me out and flirting a few times during our conversation. He wasn't turned off by it in the slightest - he even kept up with me changing between the two during our talk!

:eusa_danc

2. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you!

3. cava

Yay! That's super awesome!

4. Calix

Me and my friend were walking into a concert and a guard guy referred to me as a guy when he said hi to us :grin: Otherwise I haven't been correctly identified without specifying >.>;;

5. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most bizarre time for me was when I answered the door in my pajamas and I obviously had breasts but the mail man called me "sir." I think it's about confidence more than physicality quite a lot of the time.

6. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Awesome! <3