1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had a pretty awesome day today :)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PeytonRose, Apr 15, 2014.

1. PeytonRose

So I recently reconnected with a resource that was given to me back in October when I first started questioning my sexuality. His name is Marvin. Awesome guy but busy which I understood. We sent a couple emails back and forth and then his work overtook him (he's a founding member or chairman (something of that degree) of the local Pride Center of WNY). So after I came out to myself as a woman I reached back out to him and sent him another email asking if there were any support groups I could join in the area. He hooked me up with someone else at the Pride Center and I met with her today. We had an hour long talk about me, filled out a questionnaire and I just felt so, awesome to finally be talking about getting my life on track and talking about the next steps. She got me information on a support group she does, online and in person, some information to give to people who want to try and understand what being trans is all about and basic paperwork for a place called Evergreen Health Services. This place is its own doctor's office and pharmacy, takes all kinds of insurance, AND is LBGT friendly. I almost couldn't believe it. Under preferred names (I filled out the paperwork since I don't have a primary care physician at this point) I put Pat/Sofiya/Female pronouns (the woman I spoke with actually suggested I put that to make sure some of the more uneducated nurses knew what to call me). So after the nurse put my information into the computer she called me back, as Sofiya!

Granted it's what I put on the sheet but I was still expecting her to call me Pat. No, she went straight to Sofiya and it felt 110% amazing. When I'm ready I can go there and start HRT provided I pass the psych evaluation as well as do all the blood work. The woman I spoke with saw how happy just talking about it and referring to me as a female made me.

On my drive home I was so happy, so excited, so confident in myself for the first time in my life, I cried. I'm only looking forward to the future and it's actually given me some perspective into what I want to do for a living and pursue as a career.

I just wanted to share. I'm going to go now before I make myself cry again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hugs to all!

(*hug*):eusa_danc(&&&):kiss:

2. Kat 5

(In an Australian accent)

Nice!