1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SamThes, Apr 17, 2014.

1. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, lately pretty much every time I sleep, I end up dreaming about all this gender identity mess. I either dream that I'm physically a guy, or that I have surgery to become physically a guy, or the dysphoria shows up in my dreams. Last night, for example, the dysphoria, just in my dream, was so strong that I wanted to throw up because I had certain body parts that I don't want. It was even stronger than what I normally feel when I'm awake, but I woke up feeling the same way and it took a while to calm down and think clearly. Is it normal to always dream about this? Maybe it's my unconscious mind trying to tell me something? Or am I just weird?

2. Was, still is, normal for me too.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It wouldn't be normal if you were completely happy with your assigned gender, but since you were already questioning anyway and experiencing dysphoria while you are awake I think it's more common...

4. anonym

anonym Guest

Yeah I think it's normal. For me, dreams have always mostly reflected my life when I'm awake. So if I was really worried about something that was coming up I'd have dreams about it happening and going dreadfully wrong like an exam or something or being late submitting my coursework which meant I'd failed.

Having said that, it's only been in the last 2 months that I have had dreams about being trans, dysphoria and a different body even though I have been dysphoric for 2 years now. I prefer it to the dream I had previously though in which I was always female. In my dreams that was ok but when I woke up, I became conscious of my dypshoria again and the idea of being a girl in the dream I'd just had would trigger massive panic.