1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrong pronouns on EC O.o

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Caillin, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Caillin

Please tell me im not the only one on here that has been misidentified and called the by wrong pronouns. I mean its kinda laughable that it happened to me two times already well technically three but one was in the chat room so I can understand that but I mean if ya just look down under the picture it states it literally right there. Has this happened to any of you guys?

2. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    That happens here? :astonished:

3. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Maybe a good reason for this suggestion in Feedback. (On the other hand, if people overlook your gender, they're probably going to overlook that.)

Sorry people are misgendering you. I don't think they mean to. Probably the ones that do are maybe browsing the site on mobile devices that don't display the tiny profile info very legibly on their screens?? Dunno.

In any case, it's good that this is a forum where you can bring such issues up for intelligent discussion. You've at least notified one person to be extra-conscientious about properly gendering folks here. :slight_smile:

4. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There was also a thread about this a while back where someone voiced negative opinions of transguys with girl avatars. I hate to say it but if that element exists on here, it could even have been intentional...

5. Caillin

I dont think in my case they were being intentional, oh yeah I saw that thread though it mad me angry.

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I guess people assume based on whether a picture is "girly" or "masculine", which I find stupid. I know a lot of cis men who use avatars like yours. A lot of straight cis men especially will fetishize anime girls, or some just use it because they like the character. Pretty dumb really.