1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions on physical changes

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Gates, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I posted this is the Physical Health forum and was told that these changes were normal for males my age but... I'm biologically female so, I'm not sure if this is something that I should be trying to figure out. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Begin original post:
    "So, I have always been hairy and always had a lower voice BUT in the last year, my facial hair has doubled to the point that I can grow a patchy beard along my jawline and under my chin. I have a less prominent mustache but it all must be shaved off daily (even twice if I go out in the evening). I have also gotten hairier in other places across my body but have randomly almost stopped growing hair on the backs of my calves. Additionally, I now have mild acne, which I have never had this badly or consistently before (mostly where I have facial hair and on my back). And my voice is changing (getting more consistently low whereas is cracked/ fluctuated before and generally sounds more adult).

Are these typically changes for someone my age? Like a body transitioning from young adult to adult adult? Thoughts?"

---------- Post added 20th Apr 2014 at 02:26 PM ----------

Oh yeah, and my doctor says I'm healthy so no like glucose/ thyroid issues. :slight_smile:

2. Caillin

Well has your doctor checked your hormones? you could just have more testosterone in your body maybe.

3. suninthesky

Have your shark weeks been regular? There could be something up with your hormones.

#3 suninthesky, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  4. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shark weeks have never been normal for me. It use to be that they were 3-4 days maximum and I'd even miss sometimes but now, it's like I can't possibly have any more blood left in my body. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: That's TMI but yeah... I dunno. If they were gone, I'd definitely think it was hormones. Could it still be, though?

5. Caillin

To be honest it does sound like your hormones may be out of whack since that's not really something the average bio female experience.

6. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Interesting.

7. Butterfly72

Look up Polycystic ovary syndrome as one of the side effects of that can be hairyness. I know as I have it.

#7 Butterfly72, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  8. suninthesky

That was my first thought too. But obviously check with your doctor and all as we aren't really qualified to tell you anything.

9. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meh. If I decide to go on T, they'll check my levels. I already know that I had some cysts when I was 18 as they showed up on a lumbar CT. However, until either marriage or when I hit 30 (whichever is first), I won't be going to a female stuff doctor. I'm sure it's fine! :slight_smile: