1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budding Neutrois - Partial Repost from Welcome Longue

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by porygon, Apr 21, 2014.

1. porygon

Out Status:
    All but family
    I am MAAB and closeted. Though am secure, yet closeted with my sexuality (panrom/grey-a), gender is another thing. Through hours of research and meditation, I have concluded I am non-binary and most likely neutrois. I have no idea how to grasp this or even how to transition into a beginning stage of androgeny and a neutral gender. I get really dysphoric about my masculine appearance, being 6'1 with broad shoulders and a really deep voice. My genitals are also the source of anxiety. Is there anything I can do to androgynize or reduce dysphoria?

2. Nick07

Hi,
    you probably know Neutrois.com. If I remember correctly, there are some tips about clothes.
    Maybe you could also use some tips for mtf and see what makes you comfortable.

3. porygon

Out Status:
    All but family
    I didn't know neutrois.com had clothing tips, thank you. My current anxiety is my hair. What can I do with it to make it more genderless/androgynous?

#3 porygon, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
  4. Techno Kid

I am MAAB Androgyne and am growing my hair to near my shoulders to give my face a rounder more femme look. ^ ^ Do you think that would work for you? Also I think you look cute! :grin:

5. porygon

Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh my goodness, thank you. uwu
    I think that may work, but my hair grows erratically and slowly.

6. Techno Kid

No problem! ^_^

7. porygon

Out Status:
    All but family
    Anyone see have advice?

8. porygon

Out Status:
    All but family
    *else

9. Just Jess

Hi Porygon!

First you are way way too hard on yourself! You look cute!

Second you will probably get more help here, http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/133045-do-i-pass-thread.html . I know I know you see "do I pass", you think binary people. But some of the most prolific posters are genderqueer with a preference for the middle. And yeah, I mean, even us binary folk have some experience with androgyny since we kinda have to push through that to get where's right for us too.

As far as advice, you have a lot going for you already! If you have cash to throw into hair extensions I would try those, and maybe just as an experiment see how contact lenses look. But yeah I mean, soft skin, light frame, just build off what's already clearly working :slight_smile:

10. porygon

Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh wow you are so nice! I'm so thankful for all these tips. You guys are great.

11. Opture

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, this might be a little more of a drastic change, but you could consider going on hormone replacement therapy - in this case taking Estrogen. Many mtf ladies and genderqueer/nonbinary folks go on it because it feminizes the body/appearance quite a bit. In your case I think it would help androgynize your body - over time your facial features and skin would soften, your body shape may change, etc.
    Also, something a little less drastic would be going on Testosterone blockers. That's another thing to perhaps think about.
    maybe just something to research or look into further? I dunno. But good luck! :grin:

12. porygon

Out Status:
    All but family
    I might try HRT once I come out to my family. It seems like a good idea though.

13. Just Jess

So I hate to be this way, but is there any way you could move that image of yourself to your photo album inside your profile? If you click your name, "Albums" is on the right side of your profile.

There's nothing wrong with your pic and I know imgur is anonymous. Just the reason we have that rule is because it gives us staff a chance to review pics. We have people as young as 13 coming here, so it is an important rule.

But I'm positive it'll be approved right away. If it isn't, please PM me and I'll make sure it's taken care of. We're usually pretty fast about that.

14. porygon

Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh gosh, I'm sorry!
    I will do it ASAP!

15. porygon

Out Status:
    All but family
    Sorry for double posting, but I need to say that you guys have given me a lot of courage about this, and I will come out to my therapist this week. uwu It will be awhile before I come out to family, but thank you all for this big step forward.
    Also, I just realized the title says Welcome Longue. Pffft.