1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makeup and stuff

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JennyKeys, Apr 22, 2014.

1. JennyKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been watching a lot of tutorials on youtube and stuff and I think I'm ready to try putting on makeup, even if it's just when I'm alone in my room. Unfortunately I have zero experience with makeup, I didn't even have a sister growing up to learn from :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Any tips on what products work the best, or just general advice? I figure the easiest place to look would be the cosmetic area at walmart or something.

2. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't offer any advice, but I will be buying some next week, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!!

3. porygon

Out Status:
    All but family
    I've heard amazing things about ELF.

4. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do you ladies need to know? I'll ask my sister. And Mia, she knows a lot of British brands so I can ask about that, if you want.

Only thing I am good for on my own is color - I pick the colors for my sister and she does the rest (she's color challenged).

5. JennyKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lol, I'm just looking for tips and suggestions as I'm pretty much just going in blind :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I put a couple pics on my profile of my first makeup attempt. I used Revlon Colorstay foundation and concealer (in a shade that I just guessed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ), and Revlon brand powder, then just some generic walmart brand pencil eyeliner and mascara, and a light pink Maybelline lipstick. I also found out I am terrible at eyeliner. My eyes don't like being messed with apparently :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: