1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am comfortable being a man, but I want the "other equipment"

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by gemerency, Apr 22, 2014.

1. gemerency

I've done some research and have turned up nothing other than a guy named Buck Angel, but I am a 22 year old man who is completely comfortable being a man, but at the same time would much rather have a vagina than a penis.

I'm not sure if anyone has experienced something simaler or can give any advice on the situation but it appears as though bing and google have never heard of anything quite like it.

I am in a conflicted state with my sexual identity now because of this. I like being a guy, have been born and raised as one and couldn't imagine myself as a woman, but the equipment feels wrong. I mean i use it, I masturbate, have occasional sex, everything really but can't help but feel that i would be so much happier getting sexual reassignment surgery and just not bother with hormones to become female. But the surgery isn't available unless you've been evaluated by 2 therapists and been confirmed as transgender.

So I'm not sure what my question is but any advice, support, or even to hear that anyone has experienced something close to what i'm feeling would be a huge relief

2. Just Jess

Hi Gemergency,

I guess my first question, have you ever tried "tucking" ?

3. gemerency

yes Jess, and its not quite a solution i'm looking for

4. Just Jess

I'm also curious if you have ever worn a gaff, or have looked into prosthetic. Prosthetics are expensive, but give you a very realistic look and feel.

One reasons why SRS surgeons have policies in place, is because some of those "dangly bits" are your body's big testosterone producers. In a way there is literally no difference between removing those and taking hormones. I say that, because your fat cells are going to keep making estrogen like they always have. And no T + adding E = HRT. People like me just take estrogen as a booster, much like women in menopause.

---------- Post added 22nd Apr 2014 at 10:29 PM ----------

Also (*hug*) if I am ever anything less than understanding don't be shy or polite, I would really like to be able to help people in your position. I know this stuff isn't easy to talk about and I'm really glad you felt comfortable asking us here.

---------- Post added 22nd Apr 2014 at 10:34 PM ----------

If you haven't looked into prosthetic, they basically have a place to put your existing equipment in such a way that it gets stimulated while you are being penetrated. Some of the pricier ones can be worn while you urinate.

5. gemerency

mk. well thanks for you're help. i don't really think there is a solution that would work for me other than suck it up. what I want seems to be science fiction at the moment. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Just Jess

Hey all that aside I know it must be a really difficult position to be in :frowning2: You definitely have my sympathy. In one way I can relate directly. I have once tried to track down a urologist that would perform an orchiectomy (testicle removal) for gender reasons. I did eventually find one, but it was a more difficult search than I was told it would be.

I have found web forums with people in situations very similar to yours as well. I would tread carefully, since you are part of a very marginalized community.

Again, anything I can do above sympathy and empathy, which you already have, don't hesitate to ask. Sorry if the suggestions above weren't quite enough, but they were the best ones I could think of.

7. gemerency

well thats not a problem and i thank you for trying to help. I guess it's just frustrating because its something i feel in my core but it seems to be so rare that most people, including several people from the transgender communities, don't even believe it exists and I'm just having some fetishy episode or something.

I've posted around other forums before, this seems to be the only professional one.

8. Just Jess

It means a lot to hear that, thank you :slight_smile: