1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expressing my Femininity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Slothus, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Slothus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So for years now my sexuality has been very ambiguous and, despite directly addressing the issue within my friendship group, people still refuse to believe I am completely straight (hell, sometimes neither do I). I am perfectly fine with this and even prefer it to the norm.

For most of my life I have tried to conform to a gender specific appearance, however more recently I have thought to just 'fuck it' and desire a similar situation with my gender. I understand it isn't quite the same thing, but I still wish to find a way in which I am comfortable with expressing my feminine side outwardly. I'm not looking for something too drastic as I am incredibly self-conscious and get a lot of social anxiety (this is something I'm trying to work on), just some mild alterations I can add to my appearance, such as:
    • Wearing feminine clothing
    • Possibly dying my hair or adding highlights
    • Tattoos
    • (VERY) Small amounts of make up
    *engaging in tangent. not too relevant to any discussion*

For the first 15 years of my life I have been fed this mental image by media outlets and friends (I went to a very Christian school) of a stereotypical 'guy in dress' and 'butch lesbian' as regards transgender people and this has been my sole source of opinions on them and my own gender. I think this may be my way of expressing a desire to transition genders and if I realise this is the case then I need only make that 'step'. Otherwise I will be content in the Sexually ambiguous androgyne that I am.

2. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go for it! And yeah... the stereotypes are out there but it's best just to hit 'delete' on as much of that in your head as is humanly possible. Ambiguous or straight up girl, there really isn't a bad way to be any gender or no gender at all.

But no tattoos. You're still just a kid. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Slothus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Shut up mom. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're grounded! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Slothus, you could do what I do; wear misses clothing, wax/pluck eyebrows, shave/wax body hair you may have (at your age this may not be an issue). I've yet to use any make up except a shimmer lip gloss but may go in to eyeliner and mascara. Kinda funny thing; I'm balding and no product I've tried helps with hairloss. So, I'm kinda going with a "femme George Carlin" look with a neatly-manicured beard as well. Talk about looks ... Masculine face neatly manicured with misses skinny jeans, bright pink or cute pattern tops, and a cute little cross-body purse! My wife isn't put-off by it, and calls me "partner" rather than "husband" so screw what anyone else thinks!

Btw ... Tattoos are not exactly the best way to convey gender, if your gender is more feminine. At least in my book. They remind me of my Dad. Eeew! Can't stand the son-of-a-bitch (pardon my language!).

#5 Miss Emma, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
  6. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    tattoos are forever. you have to look at it as are your ready for something that will be there for life, or get laser done to get it off. !! me i have 3 that not to many people see but one on forearms are for all. tattoos should mean something, not nothing!
    dont until old enough, take it from someone old enough

7. Slothus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Small follow up here (not that anybody cares). I bought some brightly coloured T-shirts today and their perfect.

8. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you!!

---------- Post added 24th Apr 2014 at 01:41 PM ----------

And did you make sure to eat a good lunch today? (You are never living down the "mom" comment... :lol:slight_smile:

9. Slothus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    About that. I think I'm actually going to cut down a lot on the amount I eat. This isn't going to be a crippling thing because I eat a tonne of crap but I just want a more slender figure. And yes I understood it was a joke :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

10. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dieting is fine if done properly. You never want to consume under 1200 net calories per day, though. While exercise is great, it can up androgen production so, you may want to avoid competition sports and things like weight training. Go for low impact like yoga (NOT ashtanga!!) or pilates. (*hug*)

11. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Way to go on the shirt thing!