1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 goals

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Monika the Diva, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Monika the Diva

Hi Everyone,

So these are my goals for 2014.

1. Open up to my general manager about being trans-gendered.

2. Get my brother on board, I feel that with him i need extreme measures. I plan on showing up at his appartment as Monika. I will either have a fight with him or he'll be more understanding if he "Saw" what i was like. Anyone who has seen me as Monika will agree that i am a better person because i am confident, happy and complete.

3. Begin hormones ASAP.

4. For my 34th birthday i want to go to Province town for the weekend but that won't be until October.

5. Lose 60 pounds for the HRT.

6. Finish this school semester.

7. Getting Dad on board. My brother at least might not mind but will hate seeing me as Monika. My dad doesn't WANT to see me as Monika. I feel that I will his acceptance will come once i go ALL the way with the HRT.

8. Get into a MEANINGFUL relationship as Monika. Have a boyfriend/girlfriend, depending on who sweeps me off my feet or if i end up doing that part.

9. At work disclosing my situation to my team. But that will come the first day i take the HRT medication.

At this point, my mom is beginning to recruit more people to understand my situation. The way i look at things now. Is either your with me or your against me. If you are against me then we no longer have to speak. We can either coexist or i don't have to be a part of your life and you don't have to be a part of mine. My mom told my uncle and my grandma. My mom showed a picture of me as Monika when i hung out with her a week ago. My uncle asked if she was hanging out with his daughter. My mom told him it was me and he did a spit take because he couldn't believe it was me. But he supports me from the sidelines. As for my grandma, she completely understands and having a gay daughter who's becoming a clinical psychologist as well. Her daughter is a year older than me. She is a lesbian and she is living a happy life in Spain at the moment. Grandma said to my mom, if your son needs someone to talk to i'm here for him too.

When it comes to my gender pronouns i don't make a big deal about it. Outside of this board i liked to be referred to as the sex i am currently dressed as. On this forum i will ALWAYS be Monika. I will absolutely refrain from using my birth name as it is NOT relevant.

Anyway those are my goals for 2014.

#1 Monika the Diva, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  2. Yosia

Really good goals!! I hope it goes well with people you are yet to tell ^.^ i also love the name Monika :3

I have a few goals but they are like the same XD

1) Tell my mum, i soo want to and i feel she will be fine with it, i also gave her a MASSIVE hint when yesterday she accidentally said 'Silly girl' instead of 'silly boy' and i told her 'i like that' :3

2) Tell brother and stepdad which will be a lot easier with mum knowing~

3) actually then start to do something to become a girl like clothes and makeup

4) see a therapist/counselor and start to take blockers before the final stages of puberty hit

5) if i am ready, start HRT after 16 birthday ^.^

6) do well in exams

They are my goals, i so badly want to reach them ^.^

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1.) don't know but try to be myself in more situations, preferably publicly.
    2.) get better with my voice for social situations
    3.) see who else I can come out to
    4.) lose a little weight
    5.) October :wink:

I'm not sure I'll ever do more than socially transition at this point. Let's see.

4. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    You don't need to lose any weight, let alone 60lbs! :slight_smile:

Most of those goals sound very achievable. And hopefully you get to start HRT soon. :slight_smile:

I tend not to have goals, since I can never keep to them, but this has inspired me, so here:

Hobbies
    1. Drum more!
    2. Pick a language and learn some of it. (And keep it going!)
    3. Try and read more. (Science articles and books mostly. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Transition
    1. Come out to my family. (Probably at the end of summer.)
    2. Present as me full time!
    3. Start HRT. (A bit out of my control and doubtful it'd happen until 2015. Can always hope though!)

Miscellaneous
    1. Find a job where I can work more hours, making more money. (And full time over the summer.)
    2. Turf out some more "useless" possessions, because y'know minimalism.
    3. Save some money so I can have a little shopping spree in the Anfield store. [Goes against #6 a bit, but oh well. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:]
    4. Eat healthier! (Dependent on #1)
    5. Become more of a "cloud storage" person.
    6. Get some framed posters and such for decoration.
    7. Pass my exams...

5. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    1) Get grades up. I want to enter medical school in 2015 (I'm a HS junior now and med in Taiwan is an undergrad option)
    2) Hone acting skills.
    3) Abs. Biceps. No pecs for now
    4) Qualify past the prelim rounds for the International Biology Olympiad
    5) Finish my two papers: one on activity-dependent genes and one on Asperger's Syndrome
    6) Eliminate depression bouts
    7) Write some Johnlock fanfiction
    8) And fanart too. That is, if I get a drawing tablet
    9) Procrastinate less->important
    10) Explore gender identity further. Trans* people are really rarely heard of here (though on a Taiwanese BBS there is a board for us) and I come from a very disciplinarian, orthodox and conservative family so I will not be doing anything too overt for my folks' sake right now.

#5 sherlock, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  6. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) Take better care of my health
    2) Finish my MS thesis
    3) Lose 4 kg
    4) Move across country for PhD
    5) Resume going to gym
    6) Take up an instrument (probably piano since I know it best)
    7) Go to Turkey (probably not until Jan. or Mar. 2015...)

7. BeTrue

BeTrue Guest

Well my goal basically is to be a well rounded young lady, a blessing to those that I have in my life and those I will meet in the future. I always want to be a part of the solution to problems instead of the problem.

8. WillowRose

1. Agree with therapist to spend the summer focussing on gender identity questions.
    2. By the end of May, evaluate whether this therapist is equipped to address those issues. If not, seek additional resources.
    3. Contact, and join, the local trans* support/social group.
    4. By the end of May, find and begin treatment with a trans-friendly electrologist, starting with those pesky neck-whiskers.
    5. Go out with supportive friends to the local queer entertaiment venue.
    6. Attend a Pride event, presenting as female or at least androgynous.
    7. By the end of August, evaluate whether to go forward with asking therapist for a letter to start HRT. If so, make appointment with endocrinologist.
    8. Presuming I can start HRT in September some time, evaluate progress, and whether I plan to continue with transition, in late December.
    9. If yes, come out to family in early January.
    10. All year: have fun being my truest self!

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

1) Find a job, preferably one that's LGBT friendly

2) Find a gym and start shedding weight (gotta lose at least 50 pounds) and bulking up, especially shoulders/arms.

3) Legally change name, possibly gender

4) Find gender therapist

5) Come out 100% to extended family and whoever else may be concerned

6) Get permit

7) Possibly get on T by end of year or at least have a good idea of when to expect it

8) Get more involved with queer/trans community

10. WillowRose

11. Increase physical activity. Weight loss would be nice.

I should also have said that I'd welcome feedback. :icon_bigg

11. WillowRose

So I was describing my goals/plans (see above) to my therapist, and when I was done, I said that this was the first time in years that I had really mapped out a plan for anything personal. She replied that it struck her as the kind of planning she'd expect of one of her female patients, something not characteristic of most of the men she works with. Made my day!

(And then we proceeded to agree about the dangers of stereotyping, over-broad generalization, and gender essentialism. And then we had a good laugh at ourselves.)

Like I said, made my day.