1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things Guys Wear

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by sherlock, Apr 26, 2014.

1. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    Since Mia had a female one going, here's one for the guys.
    Post things that actually fit and look good. :icon_wink

This shirt I am currently wearing...technically for women but it's a plain denim shirt. Looks great when tucked in, but I suggest wearing a plain tee beneath and popping a few buttons if you're wearing this piece with the shirttails out.
    [​IMG]

2. Slothus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    [​IMG] These are some great T-shirts I bought recently. Sorry for the potato quality.

3. Calix

4. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. cava

Calix, your signature just made me giggle so much.

Also I've been pretty into the flannels lately, even though it's getting a bit too warm for them (also I have my first binder-- only for occasional wear of course. Thinking about uploading a before/after picture...)

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have some nice red skinny jeans

7. setnyx

8. PossibleDesires

Out Status:
    All but family
    I love beanies and checked shirts, so I own quite a bunch of these. But my favourites are these:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And they look great with slouchy beanies and khaki shorts! :3 They're great for summer as well and are really comfortable. I prefer to wear those with VANS or Converse. ^^

9. justjade

The best advice I can give you is to look at the guys around you. Don't imitate them if you're not inclined to do so. Just kind of pick and choose what you want to incorporate. Also, when you're clothes shopping, try on lots of things so you can get a feel for what you like. Gates posted a really great thread about wardrobe building, and there's some great stuff on the link he posted. It can be found here: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/134381-wardrobe-building-thread.html Feel free to check that out.

I also refer back to this every once in a while. It's been really helpful: The FTM's Complete Illustrated Guide to Looking Like a (Hot) Dude

I wear lots of t-shirts, flannel shirts, cargo shorts, and sneakers. I'll probably be posting pictures of outfits that I particularly like in my photos.

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I personally, am rather fond of my leather jacket (Guess, men's XL- found at a thrift store for 20 bucks) and a Seth Robbins navy scarf. (which you can see me sporting in my avatar). But loads of buttoned shirts, t-shirts, jeans.

Like Jade said, watch other guys and get a feel for what's in or reliable. But also, develop your own sense of style. Still working on this myself. But once you know the 'rules', you can bend them to your personal taste. I like to do a lot of layering, which helps box out my frame, build an outfit, and works with the weather in my area.

For me, I like looking good. I want to look in the mirror and feel good about myself and the right clothes are a huge part of that. And it's something I'm still working on, since back when I first started, I will admit I didn't necessarily shop to look fashionable, lol.

But for me to feel successful, I want to dress successful. I sometimes lament the lack of an ability to step outside in just a t-shirt but for me, I wanna look put together.

#10 drwinchester, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
  11. Niko

Majority of what I wear now comes from H&M. They have a ton of nice stuff for guys and they're pretty reasonable in price too.

Usually I wear dark colored t-shirts with some sort of hoodie or anything to layer on top of that and black (or dark colored) skinny jeans/normal jeans. I seriously can't remember the last time I wore a pair of blue jeans...it must be black or I'm not comfortable. :icon_roll

Depending on what I'm dressing for I'll wear a button down shirt with a scarf or a tie; but that's usually for nicer occasions.