1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious to hear your thoughts on what term would fit me

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by fickledavid, Apr 26, 2014.

1. fickledavid

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey everybody!

I've never really questioned my gender identity until a few months ago, and the more I think about it the more I feel like I'm not really cis. But. . .I'm not sure that I'm not and, if I'm not, then I'm not sure what category I'd fit into. I don't have any dysphoria, and I'm happy to be called by male pronouns (I'm biologically male), but being male really doesn't mean anything to me. If I woke up as a woman tomorrow I wouldn't care at all (well, except for losing male privilege :rolle: ). But still...I'm happy to be called male. While I get the whole not needing a term thing, I really do want the security of having one. Even if it's just calling myself genderqueer. At the moment I'm thinking the closest I could come to an identity is agender, but like I said before I have no clue. What are your thoughts? I'm sure this isn't an uncommon experience. Thanks everyone!

2. Argent

I've heard of the terms "demiguy" and "demigirl" referring to individuals who associate with their assigned gender, but only barely (and they wouldn't mind being the opposite gender). I'm not sure if it fits, but it's possible what you're describing could fall under the "demiguy" category, since you identify as male but wouldn't mind being female either.

But keep in mind I'm no expert and I could be misusing the term. Look it up yourself and decide if it fits!

3. fickledavid

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks, I'll check it out! :slight_smile: