1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comfortable Binders?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Writing Corsair, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Writing Corsair

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, I recently made a post about being gender confused. I'm still confused, but in the mean time I've decided that I really want to get a binder. I've been looking at binders online and have become pretty interested the 801 from T-Kingdom.

Unfortunately, I have a sensory disorder and I'm not used to not trying on clothing before buying them. So I wanted to know what binders feel like to you guys and if you have any suggestions for comfortable but effective ones.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, see. I dunno. I wear a tri-top and it's comfortable for me, but that's after owning and wearing it almost daily for about 8 months.

I mean, it's tight and if I wear it for over 7 hours, it strains. Basically, it's like you're getting perpetually bearhugged but if you're wearing it enough, you learn to ignore the feeling. I actually find the feeling kinda comforting because I know it's securing and supporting my chest.

Just make sure it's sized properly and try to avoid wearing it for more than 6-7 hours at a time when you first buy it. But if you wear it enough and it's sized properly, you might be able to wear it for more than 8 hours a day (some days, I wear it for almost 12 hours).

3. suninthesky

Underworks tri top is the most comfortable I've found, but I haven't tried t-kingdom.

4. Calix

I never bothered holding back much with the binding time. Before I came out at work I could only wear from when I got home til when I went to bed. But now from the moment I get up to the moment I go to bed I bind. It was an issue with my first binder since it shrunk in the wash. But I got a new one and it works perfectly ^.^

And to the OP it'll take some adjustment as your breathing feels different. I think the constant bear hug analogy is pretty accurate xD

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, it was honestly kinda the same with me. Because of my living situation, I could only wear it for the rare hour at a time (like if family went out or I was somehow alone for a while). Though I did wear it to a Renaissance fair for about 7 hours a couple days after I got the binder... yeah, kinda regretted that lol.

But I ended up going to school as a male, which meant I was wearing my binder for at least 5 hours a day without being able to switch it out. Kinda learned quick how to adjust, lol.

Will mention OP, wouldn't recommend working out in it. Find a good sports bra or atheletic compression shirt for that (makes personal note to pick up the latter...)