1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going full time as a female at school

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Monika the Diva, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Monika the Diva

I am currently going to college and just in case the fall semester I look femalelish enough that I might be able to go full time by then. How does that work? How would I be able to attend as the real me?

2. Yosia

You would have to talk to the college people and explain and then they should register you as female ^.^

I really hope it goes well and i soo wish i had your confidence to go as female~ i still havent told anyone except my one friend >.<

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If your school is any way progressive then they should recognize your gender. Good luck Monika.

I'm not really sure how this works on the other side of the equation for me...

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, basically I just called my campus' affirmative action, let them know, then emailed professors and let them know my preferred name and pronouns.

It's a university so I imagine that you'll be around an especially progressive set of people. I, for one, only ever ran into problems with my pronouns and occasional misgendering. I don't know what your school's policy is but I can't imagine should you ask Affirmative Action or whoever on campus may be concerned, that you'd be barred from female facilities should you ask.

I'm still registered under my birth name and as a female but no one who's not concerned has to know that. Just introduce yourself as, well, yourself.