1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very femme transguy?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PotatoSmuggler, Apr 29, 2014.

1. PotatoSmuggler

I'm trying to act very masculine at the moment for the sake of getting hormones at some point in the near future. I feel like if I let my femme realness out, that I won't be taken seriously as a transman. I love makeup and fashion and drag, but I am not a woman. The thought of wearing female clothes and being addressed by female pronouns 24/7 makes me have a panic attack. The thought of having bigger breasts or hips leaves me in tears. I just like dressing up. Thinking about having facial hair and a deep voice and a male physique makes me feel extremely happy and just... right, you know? Do you think being femme makes me "less trans"? Do you think it'll hinder my chances of getting T? What are your opinions on femme transguys?

2. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are there not butch women? Does someone deny them the right to be female because they're masculine? Of course not! In reality, if you present yourself to a doctor in makeup, they may not want to prescribe T or any surgeries so, I'd advise against that. Other than that, be who you are - all of who you are - and don't let anyone take any part if you away.

I have no opinion on femme transguys anymore than I have a single, discrete opinion on any other group. You are a person. I will judge you for that and nothing else. :thumbsup:

3. Lipstick Leuger

You will probably be taken as a Metrosexual guy. That is the norm now, the truly super masculine guy does not really exist anymore. If you see them, they are usually, well in the gay arena, leather men or bears. Being a softer male is not wrong nor should you be ashamed. My son is very masculine, but he is softer, gentle and in touch with is emotions. He has no difficuties with being thought of as male. Neither will you.

4. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What are my opinions on femme transguys...hmm I'd better not say too much but it's something along the lines of, "sounds pretty damn alluring to me..." :icon_wink

Look don't worry about the future so much, your body and mind will develop as they are meant to over time. Nature takes it's course. My advice is to live more in the present, find happiness in just being who you are right now, and accept yourself. All pretty basic stuff I know, but that's what is flowing from my caffeine-hazed, under-slept mind this morning.

beefree

#4 Damien, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  5. Techno Kid

Just be who you are... being femme does not make you any less male! ^_^

6. willfultrans

Out Status:
    A few people
    There's nothing wrong with that. I am like that as well. I love it when my friends call me by my chosen name and when my girlfriend calls me her boyfriend. It makes me super happy.
    However, I was born with a pretty damn nice body, and I use it. It's not the one that is me, but if I have it I am going to use it. I cosplay as both ladies and men, I wear makeup as I have a gift for it, and while i love going through the guys section that doesn't mean I'm not constantly looking for good pieces in the girls. You are who you are and thats wonderful. Being a femme guy is really fun.
    The only problem I'd say, is getting hormones etc. I feel like since you have to be diagonosed most of the time, doctors and thearpists are looking for body hate and complete masculinity. Which I don't think is accurate at all. I don't hate the body I am in, but it is not my body. And I too worry that it's possible that because I am so comfortable identifying as who I am, that I might not be able to get what I need to really feel like I am who I am in my body.

7. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    opinion? be who you are, if your not comfortable with the masculine and are just trying to cover any fem traits but still feel male, be you. lots of guys aren't the over the top "mans man" but are still guys to the core. just be you bud.:thumbsup:

8. Calix

I'm quite femme, nothing wrong with it. You are who you are :slight_smile:

9. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You have sex dysphoria!
    Congratulations, you pass the test.
    Your personality doesn't make you trans. Being trans makes you trans.

10. elishe248

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello friend! So you're a femme transman. So am I (at least some of the time because genderfluidity). I know exactly what you mean. You want to be a guy, but you also want to glitter and be fabulous. Go for it! You sound amazing. Get your hormones, get whatever surgeries you want, and get out into the world and glitter. You can and you should.

11. PossibleDesires

Out Status:
    All but family
    I am like you as well! And to be honest, I do get shit thrown at me (not literally of course) because of it. Even from other trans* guys who think that I shouldn't be effeminate and such. I posted a similar thing before on here, and let me tell you something..just be who you are because at the end of the day it's your life and not theirs. :slight_smile: I don't think being feminine makes you less than a man! So don't let other people tell you otherwise. :3