1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by exe, Apr 30, 2014.

1. exe

exe

Hello!

I'm 15 years old, genderfluid DFAB, and really want to be able to bind my chest. I get very intense dysphoria from my body, and I try to wear baggy clothes as much as possible, but I'm desperate for a binder. I have no credit card of my own and don't want to come out to any of my family members yet, and so I am not able to buy one online.

It may seem like a lost cause, but I was wondering if there were any suggestions on making my own (safe) binder - (I don't want to hurt myself with Ace Bandages or the like!) or finding somewhere that sells binders in Brisbane, Australia.

Thank you!

Also, if you have any tips on binding please, please tell me! (✿◠‿◠)

2. Caillin

Really form fitting sports bra or tight compression shirt under your clothes

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would try to get a good sports bra. I have an under amour sports bra, and that does a good job compressing things. As long as I wear an undershirt, it's hard to tell that I am not actually wearing a binder. So if you could get your hands on a good sports bra, that may be an option for you :slight_smile:

4. elishe248

Out Status:
    Some people
    There is a way you can buy online. I did this to get my first binder and packer. You can buy a debit card with cash (I don't know where you would get them in australia but in the US they are often sold in drug stores). Then, you can use that card online to buy a binder. No parents necessary.

5. Acm

Acm Guest

Wearing a sports bra helps a lot, and you can layer them if necessary. You could also make one out of elastic which works but I'm not 100% sure how safe that is so be warned. I've also heard that if you buy a camisole tank top with a built in bra and roll it up around your chest it can compress it, but I've never tried that so I'm not sure.

6. Manta

If you do get a debit card from a drug store, if you have a friend you trust, you could have your package sent to their address or pay them back for buying it for you.

7. PossibleDesires

Out Status:
    All but family
    What I do is (since I still don't have a binder; I have the same problem as you-parents) I buy a sports bra which is my size and then a buy one that is really tight on me, I put the normal sports bra first and then the tight one over it. Then I just put a really tight tank-top and voila! It hides my chest well (I'm a B). :slight_smile:

8. PotatoSmuggler

Like everyone else said, tight sports bra or pre paid debit card.