1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about my brand-spankin new HRT program

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by triptych, Apr 30, 2014.

1. triptych

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everybody! It's been about a month since I've been on EC due to a non-stop barrage of unpredictable obstacles >_<

But, AT LAST, I have started HRT! I thought the day would never come...

I have a question for those of you who started HRT only.

This could be totally a sort of placebo effect or totally psycho-somatic, but... just under 2 hours after taking the pills, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I felt happy or hopeful or at least peaceful, or all three. These kinds of feelings are very alien to me :confused:.

Again, this could totally all be in my head, but what I saw in the mirror seemed to me to be far more feminine and confident and relaxed and peaceful and natural, etc, etc, even though my stubble was showing under my skin I kind of ignored it in the sense that I was surprised by how serene my expression was... i don't know...

Anybody notice anything similar so quickly?

2. elishe248

Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: question about my brand-spankin new Estriadol Rx

While I have no experience with hormone shots, common sense dictates that they could not have had an effect on your appearance so quickly and having only had one dose. You correctly point out that it could have been placebo, and I suspect that it was. But hormones also can have very varied effects on mood. (Remember puberty?) So, it is very possible that a shot of a new hormone could have made you feel good because it affected your mood. If hormone shots make you feel good after you have them as well as being gender affirming? Well, that's just icing on the cake.

3. triptych

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

hehe no of course I didn't think physical change had occurred. What I noticed was purely emotional/mental... I just didn't expect nor think it could have affected my mood/emotions/mentality/perception so quickly. And THAT is moreso what I'm wondering about.

4. Just Jess

Hi triptych,

I need to remind you about a policy we have here,
    Emphasis mine. I'd like to ask you to edit out the prescribed levels from your original post. Thanks!

---------- Post added 30th Apr 2014 at 02:49 PM ----------

That said my medicine worked pretty fast. I think the stuff the same day is more "oh awesome I am finally doing something about this!" than anything real. But I was noticing undeniable things within the first week.

5. triptych

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Ah, my apologies... I would edit it immediately but I had already edited it after posting it and the option, it seems, has disappeared =/

6. Just Jess

It's fine. Done :slight_smile:

7. triptych

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah ok thank you so much! So, just to be sure, I can't mention the name of the prescription im taking, either?

8. Just Jess

I am actually asking the rest of the staff about that myself and will let you (and the thread) know later.

I know it seems a little rough, just we want people to be able to freely talk about this stuff, and at the same time we can't be liable if people start looking here for DIY advice. We're a hard working not-for-profit staffed with volunteers like me.

For the time being though I'd like to ask you to be on the safe side if I could?

9. triptych

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

yeah youre probably right about the first day stuff, but wow really? you noticed things within only a week? would you mind sharing? :confused:

---------- Post added 30th Apr 2014 at 04:00 PM ----------

oh, i totally understand! don't worry! i'll be extra cautious! :grin: thanks again!

10. Just Jess

Definitely :slight_smile: So my libido not being on all the time, and "that one problem in the morning" going away, were the definite signs. That was the same week. I think by like week 3 I started turning into a crybaby :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The boobages are really variable, no two of us are the same, but I grew 1/2 a cup size over the last few months. I started out just barely being a B and now I can fill out my bras.

Best compliment ever actually, best friend "are you wearing your falsies?" :lol: I get that and "are you wearing make-up" sometimes, but I owe that more to laser than anything.

11. triptych

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh wow, thats fantastic! good for you, Miss Jess ^_^

haha, i will definitely not miss "that one problem in the morning", no ma'am!

once, and if, my breasts start developing... i think i will joyfully faint everytime i notice them, lol...

12. Just Jess

I know right? May we both end up buxom beauties :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. triptych

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha for sure! :grin: youre already there though, judging from your avatar picture... lol, i have a while to go T_T

patience, patience...