1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About going to sleep with trans thoughts on my mind.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Dinah, May 1, 2014.

1. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    I talk in my sleep, I don't know how much or how often, but I do. I flail around alot and have supposedly whapped my wife in the arm or the face or w/e on more than a few occasions while sleeping.

My question is, is it wrong that I secretly hope that some of this, how should I put this, 'identity exploration' unintentionally might just slip out during these 'talking in my sleep' times? And is it wrong that I keep hoping that, she might have witnessed some of these incidents?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course it's not wrong! In fact it seems perfectly natural.

3. To be fair, it would be a lot easier than telling her while you're conscious because then if she has a negative reaction you could always blame it on a dream. If you want her to know so badly, just come out and tell her. She loved you enough to marry you so why think she doesn't love you enough to hear what you have to say? =)

But to be honest, if you're sleep talking is anything like my bf's, it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense and is more aimed towards zombie apocalypse and impending doom than confessing your secrets >.<

4. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    To be honest, I don't know how I feel about any of this. But yes you make a good point, if it's worth saying it just needs to be said plainly and openly. On to the issue of my wife accepting this possibility, I'm extremely skeptical that she would. At all. She and I were both raised in very conservative, religious families. Realistically, if I were to drop something like this on her, I would expect she would be gone that same day. The backlash she would endure from everyone if she stayed would be IMO too much for her to live with.

I think, well now that I think about it that's the whole point of what I said earlier. If it were some ramblings of a sleeping idiot, I could a little more easily gauge how she'd react. But then I already know how that would go.

#4 Dinah, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trust me I feel your pain oh so well...

6. elishe248

Out Status:
    Some people
    Not to be harsh, but it isn't fair to your wife not to tell her honestly. She deserves to know such an important thing about the person that she has promised to be with. And you deserve to be with someone who knows about this. So talk to her.