1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being transgender and gay couple.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FireSmoke, May 1, 2014.

1. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Being transgender and out with your partner but at the same time simulating your couple with your lover as a gay one for the society, is wrong?

Please, don't judge me. I'm just confused. I don't know if for me could be a problem or I couldn't give a fuck. :confused:

2. Caillin

Oh like a transman comes out as a guy but still identifies as a lesbian? or did I read this post wrong.

3. laurenc

laurenc Guest

not sure what to say other then being out as male but playing a lesbian woman is wrong because you are lying . it would be like me dating a straight girl when I am not male .

4. Caillin

Yeah I agree with the above poster plus that can badly affect the trans*community

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

NO.

I meant gay couple, not saying that I'm a lesbian (what an awful word).

For example: I want to present my girlfriend to my mother. Even if she thinks we are a gay couple (not that I'm lesbian), Do I have give a fuck or not?

This is my doubt. I live like a guy and it's not secret but for the law we are a gay couple, so I don't give a fuck if a person says our relationship is gay or straight.

So, we don't label each other. If a person thinks we are in a straight relationship, good! If he/she thinks we are in a gay one, WTF I don't give a fuck!!!

Am I wrong? Is a stupid thing? Is stupid the desire to NOT label my relationship?

(Put away trans* community, I have to listen my feelings. And please folks, if you don't understand something, ASK to me, if you answer only to say something, more simply, don't reply to the thread. Thank you so much).

6. Caillin

Ohh sorry I misunderstood what was going on I did not know you were talking about you I though it was just a general group of people by the way I read it.I dont think its weird to not label your relationship.

---------- Post added 1st May 2014 at 02:05 PM ----------

Oh and ignore my previous post about the trans* community that was when I didnt understand what was going on.

7. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Don't worry :slight_smile: And yeah, I don't mean a general group but me specifically.

8. laurenc

laurenc Guest

it is NOT stupid to label your relationship .anyways there are many lesbian-trans guy relationships so your problems are not very rare. I would suggest talking to other trans guys who are dating lesbians and maybe talk to some lesbians who are dating trans guys (they are pretty easy to find,atleast easier to find compared to cis lesbians who are dating trans girls)

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, I mean technically you're a straight couple... See, kinda wonder about this too. Because if I start dating, gotta wonder how I'd be perceived regardless of who it is. Kinda reminds me of a scene from a Bill Roundy comic where there's a cis gay guy with a trans boyfriend and they're sitting on a train. Cis guy's got his boyfriend sleeping on his shoulder and a woman remarks how cute they are together. Which makes the guy wonder, are they being perceived as a gay couple or as a straight one...?

So yeah. I mean, what matters is how you see it, you know? You're a guy. She's a girl. Label as you will.

10. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

And neither you understood the thread.

I don't mean the problem about dating a girl. I mean when I'm already found a girl I love and she loves me (let's say she's straight, okay? so it's more understandable).

I mean our couple in the society. I don't want to label ourselves and I don't give a fuck if a person think we are a gay couple.

Is it wrong?

11. laurenc

laurenc Guest

sorry . I am worthless

12. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I'm glad you understood me.

13. Calix

If you don't want to label it , don't label it. Like you said, who cares what others think? And if she is with you, I doubt she cares what others think either :slight_smile:

14. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My fiance brings that up a lot to me, asking how I'd feel about us being read as a straight couple--mainly because even though we're both dudes, he gets read as female a lot because he's on the femme end of the spectrum.

I'm not sure how I even feel about the issue. Part of me says fuck labels and what society thinks, but then the other feels off and I don't know why exactly.

15. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Thanks, bro (*hug*)

16. Calix

Anytime ^.^

17. Story Jinx

I'm not sure I understand (english not being my first language) but..

My lovefriend and I don't have the same genitals.
    I'm agender, she's genderfluid (these days she's a girl).

And we say we're a gay couple.

18. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

May I ask what is your sex assigned at birth? *if you don't want to say it there's not problem*

19. Story Jinx

I may overreact about it but I always fear that if someone knows, they'll start seeing me as the gender they assigned me at birth and I couldn't bear this..

Am I exaggerating? :S

20. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Nah. I worry about that too. It'd be a huge fucking slap in the face.

"This is my girlfriend."

"Fuck you."

Which is why I feel weird about having crushes on people... Crushing hard on a girl in my French class but I'd never ask her out.