1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans? Genderfluid? Didn't I already do a thread like this?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Orange Bananas, May 1, 2014.

1. Orange Bananas

I recently came to terms with being genderfluid, but now I'm not so certain. I finally got my hair cut, but now whenever I'm dressed like a girl and I look in the mirror I feel like a guy in the wrong clothes. I've tried crossdressing and I can't tell if I feel better than as a girl or the same. Someties I get feelings of want for male parts and feelings of not wanting female parts, but it's not that strong the next day. I'm not sure if I'm genderfluid or trans anymore and people keep calling me a girl and it's kind of overwhelming me at this point. Help? Advice?

2. ConfusedAtHeart

Take some deep breaths. You ready? Okay. There is no rush. You say you like different parts on different days. Okay that's something. Now, when you feel like a female. Role with it. When you feel like a male, just go with it. Your overall happiness is what matters. Do what makes you feel right inside. As long as you aren't hurting anyone- just go with how you feel. You say you have been feelng more male? Then be male.

(I'm sorry if this doesn't help. Or if I was offensive or rude ^u^")

3. Orange Bananas

That helps actually. I'm not really in a position where I can identify as male when I feel like it, but when I can, I guess I will.

4. JSway

JSway Guest

I feel like I'm Havering the same discussion with myself. I could not tell you the number of times i have "made up" my mind only to completely change it half an hour later, it must be more than 2 or 3 hundred. I just wish i knew, am i a man who likes to dress as a women or am i a women born into a male body, am i both male and female??

Sry for the lack of help.

5. elishe248

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey dude! Relax. You're going to be ok. Breathe. So here is my advice. Don't worry about words. Go with the flow and try to enjoy yourself. Dress to fit the gender you feel like when you wake up. If those clothes don't feel comfortable, change. Mess with your presentation. Make yourself laugh. Get yourself a binder and a packer, if you don't have them already, and wear them when you want to feel more male. Figure out what feels best and most comfortable, what makes you feel affirmed and sure in your gender, then worry about labeling it.

6. ConfusedAtHeart

The good news is that it's okay. You don't have to settle on a gender. There are so many genders on the spectrum. As I said before, just go with how you feel. Rock it. Only you can tell what you want. Don't be afraid not having a label. C:

---------- Post added 2nd May 2014 at 09:50 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2nd May 2014 at 09:53 AM ----------

I'm glad I could help, even in the smallest bit. ^u^

Could you carry around some neutral pants and a tee shirt? Hide them and put them on when you can. Or just take on the role of a male if you can't get a hold of the clothing. C:

#6 ConfusedAtHeart, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  7. Orange Bananas

Well, I've been thinking about this pretty much 24/7 and I'm pretty sure I'm trans. I just feel awesome when I bind and pack and appear as male. When I appear as female I just don't get that feeling. My heart sort of sinks when I say to myself, "Hi, my name is [my assigned name]." When I say, "Hi, my name is Alex," it feels like the exact opposite. So I'm pretty sure I'm trans. Thanks for your help! :slight_smile: