1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused about attraction..?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ConfusedAtHeart, May 1, 2014.

1. ConfusedAtHeart

Well here it goes. Being a gay trans guy, is me but, I feel as though I will NEVER find anyone who'll love and accept me as such. I have a crush on this guy so I've been putting makeup and girly things back on to get his attention. Even if it did work out, I would be suppressing who I am. Is it normal to do such things in this case? Because I don't feel attractive as a guy (I have a baby face) and the only way for my to get someone to love me will be in my assigned gender.
    I don't mind the possibility of dying without ever having been with someone. So this isn't urgent or anything.
    Just. Is it normal to be afraid of no one loving you? Or is it just me?
    -Adam

(By the way everyone on this site is very kind. I feel safe asking these things. I'm sorry if I'm ever offensive. Don't be afraid to correct me. ) :eusa_doh:

2. laurenc

laurenc Guest

believe it or not it is very common for trans people to feel this way. I have felt this way myself and it sucks.

3. ConfusedAtHeart

It is a pretty bad feeling. At least it's more norm than I thought.
    As the saying goes.. "The road to true love never did run smooth"

4. laurenc

laurenc Guest

that saying seems very true to me .

5. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah... it's tough and I can't advise you. Whatever you choose, you'll learn something valuable, I'm sure. Just be happy.

6. elishe248

Out Status:
    Some people
    Think about it like this. Do you really want to be in a heterosexual relationship with a man? Cause, with you being a gay man and all, that might feel awkward. (Full disclosure: I just got out of a relationship for basically that reason.) But guess what! Many cis gay men aren't transphobic and would be perfectly willing to date a transman. And guess what else! There are other gay transmen out there who feel exactly the same way you do. So hang on until you can be out of high school and go somewhere where you can meet and date and love and marry awesome queer people. But don't sacrifice your gender in order to date in high school.

7. ConfusedAtHeart

I guess I wouldn't want that.Thank you for being so positive c:that helped me a lot ^u^

8. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

^This. I agree with you :slight_smile: