1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can someone explain what I am?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by happydavid, May 2, 2014.

1. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry to trouble anyone with such a stupid thread. I'm am male who likes doing men stuff like watching sports and horror movies but there is a very strong feminine side to me that likes to dress up in women's clothes and try on makeup and perfume. I just wondering how you would identify me? :help:

2. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am sorry but none but yourself can Identify you. It is totally normal to identity as male and have some very feminine sides. nothing wrong with breaking gender roles.
    DO you like to be identified as male? do you eel like you are a male? Do you feel like you are female? Do you like/ mind being identified as a female? DO you feel like you can not associate with either?
    I might not be the most helpful as you might see. i struggle with my own gender identify. Are you informed about the different identities?
    I started a thread on my gender identity too, and some people asked really good questions I will link you to that , it is more helpful than the questions I am asking you or sure.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-gender-identity-expression/131700-genderqueer.html

Good luck with finding out your identity... You have all the time you need. Please remember that. I tend to forget it a lot and get anxious.

3. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi David,

Your not troubling anyone. You should know that :slight_smile:

Anyway, all I'd say is your just you. You don't need some kind if label to put you in a category as they tend to generalise anyway. You like what you like and there is nothing wrong with having a strong feminine side. Even if you consider yourself quite a masculine guy.

I myself have a similar feminine side (although I don't express it outside of my home). But generally I'm quite a masculine guy (I do martial arts and watch things like combat sports and rugby and stuff).

Just be who you are, as you are a good person and that's all that really matters.

If you want yo talk about it more, you know where I am.

Happy days :slight_smile:

4. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hell Yeah! I can only agree with radioactive!

5. elishe248

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey man. Two thoughts for you:

1. You get to decide what you are. Not some random people on an internet forum. You get to decide to be whatever you want, genderwise. Go for it.

2. There is nothing unmanly about doing "girl" things. Some of the greatest men I know have femme sides. It is something they are proud of and something that makes them stronger. But it doesn't make them less man. So too, you are just as much a man as you want to be. You say you're happy being a man? Congrats, that's exactly what you are.

6. Stacy in MA

Hi David,

I agree with pretty much all of what everyone has already said, and wanted to let you know that I feel much the same, and until recently it was a source of major confusion and angst. Please feel free to message me if you want!

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would love to be a girl with a Willy does that sound strange?

8. JSway

JSway Guest

I don't think that sound strange at all, Many mtf's only transition part of the way.
    Right now I'm working on figuring out where on that spectrum I fall myself and I feel that if I did transition I would not have bottom surgery, not right away at-least.

But first I have to know if just being a CrossDresser will be enough to bring my true 'self' into balance with my body or If I'll need to do more. It sounds like you might be in a similar spot.

9. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might be a crossdresser if you still feel like a man. But bottom dysphoria doesn't mean anything one way or another.

10. Mejj

That reminds me of a poster for the lifeball we recently had in vienna... The girl on the poster was supposed to show the "first woman", eva, only that she had a dick. A friend of mine asked a lot of children what they thought about that and they said that they think it´s awsome. So, to kids here in Vienna, you´d be an awsome person :icon_wink
    ...Sorry for the random thought post... :grin:
    Just be whatever you feel like being. Nothing is "too strange" when it comes to gender. It´s a wide spectrum and everything´s possible. :icon_wink

11. Entrian

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course like everyone else is saying, be free to be you! But there's also a lot of companionship in having a term that you identify with so I'm going to throw these out:

Gender fluid: Feeling like a guy sometimes but a girl at others and kinda flip flopping between the two.

Bigender: Both a guy and a girl!

Nonbinary: Something totally different, neither male nor female or maybe a bit of both or sometimes a little bit in between or maybe even both at the same time!

Demigirl: Feeling kinda like a girl but not 100% (May also be demiguy, whichever you feel most like. There's a lot of leeway with this one)

12. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

my pal

what if hobbies and clothing and everything didn't have a gender associated with them? would this make you feel strongly to do things stereotypically considered for men or for women? would the confusion vanish? are you not sure? you are a good human, humans are neat, god bless