1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm severe with myself.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FireSmoke, May 2, 2014.

1. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

As title says, I claim to be perfect. Yeah, I know what you're thinking, that nobody can be perfect. And maybe it's better so. But I want to be perfect, most of all about my look. I always find something that's wrong. Now I find an aspect I don't like but I'm not sure that I have. I seem too young? I have 18 but I want to appear older because I'm older inside. How can I appear more mature? Maybe with clothes, hats and similar stuff....The other days are always in this manner. I always find a thing that's wrong.

....why I'm so severe? :cry:

#1 FireSmoke, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
  2. ConfusedAtHeart

May I suggest a nice white dress shirt and some good vests that fit nicely? A pair of black pants would be good too. It is more of a mature style. Many 12th years wear things like that in my school. It looks quite nice. I'm not so sure about summer styles though. Don't be so harshwith yourself, as people, we are always growing and changing. That means our styles do too. Be careful not to be too nitpicky! Try to avoid shaggy hair, clean cuts are what you're looking for. I'm not too great with clothing, so I hope this helped a little. Good luck finding your style. C:

3. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Thanks for the suggestions. But maybe I was too vague with the thread. I've already found my style (gentleman/rock/metrosexual/androgynous style) and my problem is that I'm severe with myself and I do become a thing as a defect, even if it's not a defect, you know.
    When I went to school, some people thought I was in the 5th class, when I was only in the 1st. Maybe the problem is not my look but my brain...

4. ConfusedAtHeart

Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood. But I think it boils down to just trying to accept yourself. Think about the things you like rather than the ones you dislike. I know it's harder than it sounds, but you can do it. c:

5. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wanting to be perfect isn't a simple desire, my friend. It is one that sits deep inside of us and possesses us like specters. That's why it's so hard to escape; it's as if you're being haunted by yourself. Every minor thing seems a huge defect that seems so apparent that it becomes a point of obsession. I don't know the cure. I think that the problem stems from a desire for self-actualization - we want to become our mental archetypes but maybe it isn't possible?

Perhaps make a wager of control with yourself? For every flaw that you see, force yourself to look for something good - this will cause you to struggle and eventually, you may stop looking for flaws because looking for their good counterparts costs too much effort?

I dunno how to fix it... Sorry, bro. (*hug*)

6. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I guess you're right, but it's hard. But thanks for the support :slight_smile:

Don't worry, instead, thanks for the support also to you, bro :kiss: Even if my question is hard, at least now I feel less alone (*hug*)

7. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that the more confident you become about who you are (and I'm not talking only about gender) the less you'll need to care about how you appear. Your appearance will almost "automatically" reflect your personality without trying hard, and small details won't matter.

8. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

That's interesting.

9. 994tea2mlp7

Northeastern Arizona in the White Mountains
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was born average not a hottie but not an ugly duckling either. What about me that is unique is my thought and/or my personality. if you are severe to yourself its because you need to find a hobby or a job anything to balance your time in your life. dating might help you take the focus off your obsession with yourself.

10. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Are you kidding me? :dry: No, seriously...

11. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is a distraction, not a solution...

12. Sarah257

Time to combine quotey thingies:

"Perfection is an illusion that manifests in the eye of the beholder."

Basically put, people try to "perfect" themselves/others/things/etc as a sort of compensation for something that is missing, but are never satisfied because changing something cannot help reach something that doesn't exist. The only way to reach "perfection" is not by trying to change something, but by changing how you look at it.

For example, as a mental excercise, picture in your mind, a "perfect world". Now, find a flaw. It's no longer perfect is it? Now fix the flaw. Perfect right? Now find a new flaw. Do this enough and you'll come to realize you can always find a flaw even in the "perfect" world you envisioned. Now stop and consider why you thought that world was perfect in the first place. You see, perfection is what happens when you see things on a deep level; when you can understand and accept it. Try doing this with yourself. Understand that there are opportunity costs to everything and that you are doing the best you can with what you know/have.

Ultimately, you just have to let go and allow yourself to simply... be.

Hope this helps (*hug*)

13. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

^This. I feel like something is lacking. I've talked about that also in my blog on EC.

Yeah. I agree with you. Even if a thing is perfect, I always see something that's wrong.

Thanks for the support (*hug*)