1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do I do?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by GayNurse95, May 5, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a person who questions their gender identity. I feel as if I should be a part of both genders. I just, feel it. I don't feel like I belong to one. I am born a female, but feel so male, with some female in me. I don't feel comfortable as being identified as one gender.
    I've been struggling with this since 7th grade. I am a senior in high school now, with this issue.
    What does this mean?

2. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could you explain more what you are struggling with regarding your gender?

3. Niko

Well it's very possible you could be bi-gender or genderfluid. I'm no expert on either one of those though, so maybe someone else can step in and give you better answers. ^^ Or if not you could always google those terms and see if one or the other matches how you feel.

4. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel more so male than female. I feel like I can be considered both, even though I have a fully developed female system. I'm just really confused. I'm not sure of who I am gender wise.

5. ConfusedAtHeart

Having a "female system" means nothing when it comes to gender. Because the sex you were born with and the sex that you feel are two different things. The good news is, you don't have to be either one. There are tons of genders on the spectrum. So if you don't like identifying as either one, you don't have to. If you feel more male, then perhaps experimenting with clothing. See how it makes you feel. Or try a neutral clothing style. Also, this takes time, so it's all right if you don't know right away. Who you are is determined by you. Good luck.

6. Stacy in MA

I really sympathize with your feelings of not belonging in just one gender - I feel similarly myself. I only recently learned that there were other people who felt the same way and that has made a big difference to me.

As far as what to do goes, you could always start by simply giving yourself permission to not think about yourself as just one gender for a while and see how that feels. Even though that might not seem like a big deal, it can really change the way you look at things. Giving yourself a little time with the idea might at the very least help you eliminate some possibilities.

I know it is difficult and that you really want answers now, but I think you need to remember that even lots of people much older than you don't have it figured out and cut yourself a little slack! :icon_bigg

7. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As I recall, you're in a very conservative home environment. Are you planning to leave for college? If so, I'd strongly recommend that you consider playing with your gender presentation there to see what fits as far as that goes; there should be counselors on campus as well who could help you to understand your internal sense of gender.

8. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do wear boxers and I am considering trying binding. I do feel comfortable with being somewhat female, but not completely. I feel like a male a lot of the time, feeling its natural to want to wear a suit.
    I feel better in gender neutral clothes.

9. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, you might be agender or bigender or transgender or just butch. None of these are bad at all. :wink:

10. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I consider myself to be more of a bi gender. I like to present myself as male, date as a female, speak as a male, act male, and live as both.
    If that makes sense.

11. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's interesting that the only time that you express a desire to be female is when in a romantic situation. Could you elaborate?