1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Androgyny Story

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Drenee, May 7, 2014.

1. Drenee

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, Im new here so I hope I fit it.

Instead of jumping right to the end ill start from the beginning. I first realized something different about myself since I was 10. I was very curious about what it would be like as girl, even going as for as to wear my siblings clothes and acted feminine when I felt no one was watching & engaging in what I thought & felt was female-oriented. When I enter puberty I felt like I was in the wrong body and thought I was a transgendered and even contemplated going through MtoF transformation for a long while.

During my middle school life, I always envied girls as they did things that I wanted to do but society would deem unacceptable, it felt so normal to me. As a teenager I wasn't very strong or self-confident and very soft and passive. I often thought of suicide & abused myself after constant bullying in middle-school. At the end of my middle school-life, as the internet became more readily available, I did the best research I could do and learn and explored the variety of different sexuality and how people cope/integrate it in their lives. At that point I just thought I was a bi-curious crossdresser since I didn't see the guy friends in my circle "having a feminine side".

High School life was better for me, my private school was nice but I enter with emotional problems from middle school so i often self-reflected and projected the possible negativity from peer onto them. During this time I desired to learn the ways of acting as a future career and I learned shortly afterward that from time to time I can express my femininity under the guise of be a well-rounded amateur actor. It took me awhile before I felt that indulging in my feminine side wasn't apart of experimenting my sexuality, it was truly apart of me and my wellbeing & inseparable. When alone I express my true self to the best of my abilities but I always dream of doing things like shopping & and hanging/socializing with girls who understand & will help me shape the girl within my psyche while maintaining my "public/normal" male persona.

The being of college was very liberating as I became a bit more optimistic about life. It was the 1st time I ever met gay couples/lesbians and some are my friends. I often wonder how strong they are or how supportive their circle is. Throughout my college life I didn't feel satisfied with the simple label of a crossdresser, I reflected on my life and did alot of research and reading others stories as experiences. Throughout my studies I learned that I had no desire for MtoF transformation & was very comfortable in my body. It wasn't soon afterward that I found my right label.

Being a psychological mixture of both sexes was what met my psychological state of the long 12 years of soul-searching for true comfort in my true identity as an androgyne. In the past few week I've been seeking support group that can help me and I even recently came out to one of my long time female efriends and she whole-heartily accepted me and support me. She is my 1st friend I have ever shared this with and it was a great relief when she returned the love.

Im far from being true open since I still live with family & im not very strong. But I'm going to slowly and safety work toward coming out. I'm tired of pretending to be half the person I am just to met socially acceptable standards.

2. Stacy in MA

Welcome to EC - you definitely do fit :icon_bigg I think you will find lots of support here.

Thank you for sharing your story, and congratulations on coming out to your friend!

3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! We're a rowdy bunch here but feel free to dive right in!

---------- Post added 7th May 2014 at 10:46 AM ----------

Oh and you might want to specify that you're 'transfeminine' on your gender just so that people don't get confused (I added this after someone thought that I was MtF rather than FtM). You certainly don't have to but it just might save you some effort later. Cheers! :wink:

4. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    What Gates said! Things get pretty random here, but I'm sure you'll fit right in. :slight_smile: