1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

for those who have transitioned or are transitioning

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by looking for me, May 7, 2014.

1. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Electrolysis. who has done it? did it work and if so how many sessions did it take, per session or whole body? how much did it hurt, if at all?

im really uncomfortable with my body hair, and looking for a permanent solution.

thanks

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    am i asking this in the wrong forum maybe, or has no one had to deal with this?:help:

3. ConfusedAtHeart

Electeolysis has changed to the point where is is not painful, just a mere tingling sensation. Quite a few sessions would be needed, lasting between 15 minutes to an hour. Depending on where you get it done on your body. Your face alone may take 4 or five sessions. Maybe less. (This could have been put in the general advice column) But the hair would be permanantly removed after the sessions are finished. :grin:

4. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I got a home laser thingy off of amazon, it requires bi weekly treatments results are slower then electrolysis, and permanent hair removal is only a chance with the laser treatment. However I have noticed a difference, hair is growing slower, lighter color, thinner.
    Laser is only recommended for lighter skin color with darker hair however, since the lasers attack the melanin in the hair as well as melanin producing areas near the treatment areas