1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cis Guy and Trans Guy get in a fight??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SelfMade07, May 8, 2014.

1. SelfMade07

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If a cis guy and an ftm got in a fight, would be even if the trans guy has been on hormones for at least a year or so right? like i know different guys have different strength but it wouldn't be that much uneven to where an ftm couldn't fight a cis guy would it?

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uh.

Whoever uses their body best and combat skills wins in a fight.

Yes if it's two equally skilled fighters, then it does come down to muscle and speed.

But real fights = 15 seconds or less. And for the ftm, kick cissy boy in the nuts.

gravechild likes this.
  3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fights are ridiculous anyway but if two guys are going to fight, it shouldn't matter if one is trans.

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it matters the two people involved. I've seen women that many men would be afraid of getting in a fight with because of how mismatched it'd be (in her favor). Mostly, as others have pointed out, though, it's down to skill level. Muscle may not have anything to do with it. I've seen ten year olds sparring with full grown adults easily take down the less-skilled adult by using their force against them. (Newton's laws can be amazing tools in a fight). So, I don't think there'd be a big difference between an average cis guy and an average trans guy in a fight, except for the cis guy's natural, um, vulnerability....

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a trans guy and I almost never get into fights. Unless you count sparring. I stood my ground against cis guys when I was a kid. I got bullied in my teens. I learned the hard way. Now I've since stood up for myself again. It's an intoxicating feeling. You don't feel like stopping when they are disabled, but you should.

There's no possible peaceful solution? I'd try talking first. If you think you're gonna lose, then you probably will. You need confidence in yourself. And the nearest object. People can underestimate me being short... it's their funeral. Too much confidence is also dangerous. Killing would be a last resort. Disable them and get help.

6. SelfMade07

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah I wasn't wanting to like get in a street fight with someone just because i didn't like them, i was wanting to know for sports purposes, cause i was wanting to start cage fighting, i really like it alot and im about to get on T here really soon, i was gonna start training for it when i get on T. I didn't mean to offend anyone by putting this up, cis, or trans im a trans guy myself anyway.

7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a black belt and a big girl, 6 feet 190 lbs. I can handle myself. Just saying training and skill or simple knowledge of how to fight (in a real fight there is no such thing as "dirty).

8. anonym

anonym Guest

Seriously considering taking up a martial arts class when I can afford it purely in case I ever need to defend myself. I'm not big on fighting but I've found out a trans person was murdered in my area only a few years ago.

9. Monika the Diva

Since I lost weight I just relie on pepper spray. Lol

10. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do it! Check out community centers for cheaper classes and carry pepper spray.

11. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apparently not actually legal in the UK...

12. Just Jess

I'm a fan of my camera on my cellphone for defense. I can e-mail pictures to myself and other people too. People tend to act differently when they know they can get caught. I try to keep it set up so the flash is always on. And if the attack continues I already have my cellphone out so I can dial 911.

13. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah... well, less crime rate than US...

14. anonym

anonym Guest

Good idea:thumbsup:

15. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might find it fun. You'll feel tons more confident. Don't be worried that you'll be bad at it, everyone was new once. Keep it up, even if others consider your style to be 'talentless wank' and 'strictly come dancing footwork.' This is fighting, it doesn't need to look cool. Of course, in person; agree with such people, let them think that. Remember what Sun Tzu said about warfare being based on deception. I even made up some bulls**t flashy moves to show people that ask me.

16. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't recommend martial arts for self defence for two reasons.

1. Don't get me wrong, when you get good you can ass, but that takes time. Not to mention that a vast amount are now competition based and while you can apply some of those techniques it is really difficult to do so on instinct alone!

2. My instructor works as a security guard. A guy pulled a used syringe on him and my instructor used a basic move in our art on him involving his belt. My instructor got taken to court for using 'excessive force' because although the guy pulled a weapon on him my instructor was trained...

So, you know, unless you really like that idea I'd take martial arts for fun!

17. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's ridiculous.

I plan to take martial arts (again) when I move, and anyone comes near me, I plan to leave them immobilized. It's our right to protect ourselves from harm (that doesn't mean hunting people down or killing them without provocation!) but if someone attacks you, they've forfeited their right to safety.

18. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah...not here it isn't. It's your right to scream like a bitch. Don't get me wrong, you may well get away with it, I'm just saying being taken to court isn't fun and it does seem to happen a lot.

Heck my brothers room mate has been repeatedly told he's not allowed to get into fights because of his martial arts training.

19. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

1) Here, the law allows use of deadly force for self-defense (usually)
    2) I come from a family of lawyers and was brought up to be one myself (though, I diverged); if someone attacks me and I beat them and they try to sue me, bring it. Pff... The streets can be dangerous; what are we supposed to do, not protect ourselves. Criminals, especially (would be) rapists and murderers have no rights.

20. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

This, also will hide behind you and Next Karate Kid there if we girls are ever out somewhere. I'm kinda tiny. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 9th May 2014 at 11:58 AM ----------

And/or hide behind llama. :love:

#20 AudreyB, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014